Control Systems Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK13 0ER
Type: Full time
Posted date: 19/07/2011 15:31
Control Systems Engineer | Overview:
Based at our facility in Milton Keynes, this role requires an enthusiastic team player to work in the Engineering Department developing prototype solutions for lean production. The main purpose of the role is to design and develop control systems on Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
Control Systems Engineer | Availability
This role is vacant and available to start.
Control Systems Engineer | Relationships
- Responsible to: Senior Design Engineer, Control Systems.
- Liaison with: All Niftylift employees, predominantly: Design Engineers, Production Engineers, Service Engineers, Buyers, and Quality Engineers.
Control Systems Engineer | More detail
Key responsibilities include the ability to:
- Specify and develop control systems for electro-mechanical sub systems and overall machine control.
- Design control systems using PLC controllers.
- Design multilayer PCB's (Ideally using CadStar)
- Specify and select equipment and generate Bills of Materials (BOMs) including meet with suppliers to discuss specification.
- Liaise with manufacturing to ensure design feasibility.
- Take responsibility for the management of projects & work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Carry out design reviews and oversee installation and commissioning.
- Interface with hydraulics and power train engineers for complete control system integration.
Control Systems Engineer | Qualifications and Experience
In addition to a strong engineering background, the ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to Degree level in Electronics & Control or an equivalent degree.
- Have at least 5 years post graduate experience in a relevant role.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and experience of controls system development for complex electro-mechanical systems including:
- A good knowledge of analogue electronics.
- Knowledge of CAN Bus communication protocol for use in control systems.
- Experience liaising with keys stakeholders for integration of control system solutions
- Experience in support of vehicle testing and development
- Understanding of battery systems and battery management.
- Experience in the definition of vehicle electrical architecture, including DC power supplies
- Knowledge of PLC logic and programming (Knowledge of programming using CoDeSys would be advantageous but not essential, to include FBD 'Functional Block Diagram' and ST 'Structured Text')
- Cabling system selection and definition.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of electrical design CAD packages.
- To succeed in this role you will be a qualified Electrical Engineer with experience in off highway vehicle electrical architecture and control.
Control Systems Engineer | Remuneration
The above role offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Control Systems Engineer | Contact details:
Please apply in writing only (inc. expected salary)