Drawing Office Manager
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, Pe16 6tt
Salary range: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00
Type: Full time
Posted date: 12/10/2011 16:22
Drawing Office Manager
A4 Plus Drawing Services Limited work with local, national and international organisations which have a need for technical design and drawing support in both traditional 2d drawings and 3d computer generated models. Primarily we provide Computer Aided Design Services either at our customers premises or our own fully equipped design centre, also offering a uniquely focused technical recruitment service. We are seeking a Drawing Office Manager to join our small team at offices in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire. This is an exciting opportunity to develop what is a new position within our company.
The main responsibilities within this role are:-
- To manage the Drawing Office; project management, staff management (including contractor labour both internal and external), labour resource analysis to match demand, provide general help / guidance to all staff both permanent and temporary in the Drawing Office.
Project management; Client / Supplier liaison, time / budget control, project filing / documentation.
- Staff management; involvement with departmental recruitment to include hiring, firing and disciplinary action (including contract labour), compliance with Company standards and procedures.
- Drawing Office infrastructure management; Software / hardware management; versions, upgrade requirements to keep in-line with software requirements, maintenance, system specs
DESIGN & DRAWING SUPPORT
- To draw, detail and design, to Company / Customer standards, in both 2D and 3D when, and if, such a need arises.
- To assist the department / Company in any way possible but in particular with regards to; printing / plotting, scanning, database management / data entry, internal document amendments, administration requirements and supporting other staff. At times of low work demand to provide artwork / graphic design, email marketing and other graphic based marketing activities to help the business.
- Managing the conformity to Company standards and procedures with regards BS EN ISO 9001 and take an active role in improving, amending and reporting on the quality management system.
- Checking drawings as required to standards specified.
- Departmental needs and gap analysis
- Self analysis and improvement
- You must be able to lead by example, be assertive, pro-active and a reliable team player with a high level of accuracy
- You must be able to work un-supervised on a variety of projects, managing defined timescales and quality and commercial objectives.
- Excellent communication skills as liaison with suppliers and customers is an integral part of the role, including problem solving and telephone answering, accurate message taking and dealing with visitors.
Ideally you will be familiar with most CAD packages - most specifically Inventor, Solidworks and Autocad and be capable of maintaining Database information.
The salary range - £25,000 to £30,000 - is indicative only and final agreement will be subject to experience. The company offers 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.