The award winning patented ENiGMA electronic water descaler system. Technically advanced; environmentally friendly hard water treatment removes existing hard water limescale deposits and prevents further build up in a wide range of water systems & processes, without the use of chemicals.
As well as our industrial units, our products also include the Olympic range suitable for swimming pools and leisure centres and our In-line units suitable for appliances up to 3kw such as catering beverage boilers and washing machines.
Clients include Waitrose, De Vere Hotel Group, MoD, St Thomas Hospital and Tower 42 in London, John Lewis Partnership, Nissan and Southern & Thames Water to name but a few.
Based in Fareham, Hampshire, Environmental Treatment Concepts Ltd, (ETC Ltd), is continuously investing, researching and developing a water descaling system that prevents the build up of unwanted limescale. Many years working with universities and water companies, as well as industrial users, has given us specialist experience in using high quality descaling technology to solve hard water problems, effluent treatment and sludge treatment.
Calcium carbonate, or limescale as it's better known, is currently affecting 70% of the UK and just about every other country in the world. Although it is good for our bodies, the build up of lime scale is not good for our water systems. The build up of unwanted limescale narrows pipes, blocks jets, reduces thermal efficiency and is expensive to remove. With shocking statistics, research has shown that 6mm of built up limescale in water pipes can reduce energy efficiency by a staggering 40%. In a reasonably hard water area it is known for water pipes to have a build up of 3mm of limescale within just 12 months.
It is already estimated to cost the UK around £1billion a year just in descaling water systems with further money being wasted in lost production, early renewal of capital equipment, chemicals and increased energy bills.
Limescale need no longer be a major problem or cost to the industry. In recent years modern descaling technology has been developed which can permanently treat hard water systems without chemicals, acids or expensive softening equipment.
The ENiGMA water descaler provides a proven yet simple cost effective solution to your hard water problems. The ENiGMA electronic descaler improves energy efficiency by;
- preventing limescale deposition
- reducing both maintenance and downtime
- protecting the entire water system
- being easy to install and move
- suiting any pipe size, material or flow rate
ENiGMA also wins on sustainability because it;
- extends life of capital equipment
- descales existing systems
- achieves large energy savings
- can treat more than one pipe with a single unit
- uses no costly or dangerous chemicals & can be used for drinking water
- doesn’t interfere with the quality of water
- by removing limescale, thus removing a major source of nutrient and protection for biofilms, and allowing a hot water system to reach desired temperatures, it can therefore help as part of a bacterial control programme
If you would like further information or a video link of our ENiGMA Electronic Descaler system in use, please visit the Environmental Treatment Concepts website, on contact us for more details.