Oil & Gas Market Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon, PL6 7LG
Salary range: £0.00 to £0.00
Type: Full time
Posted date: 08/03/2012 11:33
This is an exciting opportunity to take the successful development of our Oil and Gas market business to the next ‘global’ level.
We are seeking a proven business development professional, with demonstrable experience and success in developing business of high specification, ideally metal based products, in the Oil and Gas industry for often ‘mission critical’ applications. The ideal candidate will either come from an engineering/metallurgical background with a subsequent transition to the business world or a commercial professional with demonstrable experience of high specification engineered products.
- Responsibility for business development of our global Oil and Gas market sector
- Prospect new and existing customers to identify opportunities for sales growth
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with our Oil and Gas customers and channel partners and act as both a commercial and technical interface
- Identify and report market conditions, and competitor activities within the market
- Evolve our Oil and Gas product range to gain competitive advantage based on understanding and comprehension of the performance and application of our products
- Sales budget responsibility which includes forecasting input
- Responsibility for significant value quotations with full review and awareness of associated specifications, terms and conditions
- Responsibility for the marketing planning for the Oil and Gas market
- Frequent travels across the global Oil and Gas market is required
- Location for office base is flexible but within sensible proximity of an Oil and Gas market epicenter with a requirement for regular visits to the UK manufacturing facility
Strong analytical skills, combined with advanced communication and negotiation skills
Motivation and Drive. You will be able to demonstrate a proactive and self motivated approach whilst maintaining high personal productivity and trustworthiness.
Project Management skills. You will be able to work on your own initiative and manage your own objectives, to work within a team, and ensure that projects are delivered economically and on time.
Good Interpersonal and Communication skills. You will be required to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
Resilience. You will be required to be able to stay calm and consistent in stressful situations and able to deliver results when under pressure.
A good team player, both interdepartmentally and with respect to immediate colleagues.
Very good IT and software application skills to ensure ongoing organization of processes and management of customers are managed efficiently. Experience with Social Media would be desirable.
Fluency in a foreign language, such as French, Spanish or Portuguese would be an advantage.
Experience & Qualifications:
Degree level qualification in engineering/metallurgy or suitable relevant commercial or marketing discipline.
Experience in working as a key member of a sales and marketing team with stakeholders in different countries.
Marketing is an important aspect of this role, hence experience in Marketing planning and CRM use would be a valuable asset.
Consideration will also be given to those within the Oil and Gas industry looking to use their skills and experience to make a transition from the supply chain environment.
Attractive salary package to include basic salary and performance incentive plan, a Group personal pension scheme, company car / car allowance, private Health Care, generous holiday entitlement and a subsidised restaurant.
If you are interested in joining us and feel that you have the necessary skills and experience please send a letter of application and your CV in writing to:
Mr. Brian Mercer
Sales & Marketing Director
Fine Tubes Limited
Tel: 01752 697288
Alternatively, upload your CV and covering letter in our ‘Upload your CV’ box.
Fine Tubes Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit. Please do not let anything in this document prevent you from applying for this position.
Applicants short listed for interview will be required to undertake an online Personality Profile assessment, and a critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills ability test.