Sales Manager - London & SE (Graduate Trainee)
Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 8QY
Type: Full time
Posted date: 15/05/2014 08:57
Job title: Sales Manager (Trainee) London and South East
Reporting to: National Sales Manager
This is a terrific opportunity for an ambitious Graduate to build a sales career working for the largest mobile shelving supplier in Europe. The successful candidate will receive full training and will work in the fast-moving London marketplace. We are looking for a self motivated graduate with dedication and a hunger to learn and earn.
The purpose of the function:
Account Manager for London and the South East, with responsibility for achieving sales, margins and targets for these areas, working with existing and new customers.
The successful candidate will be expected to work remotely from home (which should be close to, or in London) to carry out administration and telephone work. Site visits and face to face customer selling are also an important part of this job.
• Achieve sales and margin targets through initiating sales processes B2B.
• Managing and securing relationships with existing customers and winning new customers.
• Organizing and conducting presentations to customers to obtain new business.
• Building a network among architects, dealers, fit-out companies, librarians, archivists, curators, facility/office managers, main contractors, networking groups, etc.
• Develop and maintain a list of key clients/prospects together with an effective strategy to follow up live projects
• Tracking trends and analysing markets and customers.
• To keep abreast and informed of the latest developments (in office, archive, library, museum markets)
• To attend events, as and when required, working with Marketing Dept.
• Maintain accurate customer information using the CRM system.
• Carry out site visits and relay relevant information to Sales Support.
• Preparation and execution of professional and accurate quotations based on site visits. Attention to detail is key.
• Responsible for after sales
• Attendance at Sales Meeting in UK and The Netherlands
Education and Experience
• Educated to degree/have completed further education to a high level
• Degree level of professional working and thinking.
• Understanding of the longer sales cycles within large organizations.
Behaviour and skills
• Results focused – drive and ambition to succeed and be the best.
• Through maintaining sound customer relationships, ability to achieve excellent customer service/ relationships and after sales.
• Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and accurate record keeping skills – ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and CRM.
• Excellent communications skills using persuasion and techniques to achieve better sales results.
• Mathematical, yet creative thinking skills.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Teamwork skills are essential, but must also possess the initiative to work proactively and efficiently on own.
• Flexibility, ability to change as necessary to achieve the stated goals.
• Ability to identify opportunities, create and act. Must be proactive within the marketplace.
• Excellent oral and written fluency in English.
• An ability and desire to sell a top quality product whilst maintaining margin in a competitive environment.
Salary: Basic salary + commission. Car or car allowance.