03 July 2012
In partnership with Beaumont Forest Products, the A. Proctor Group were delighted to be suppliers of their maibec Timber Cladding range at this recent unique project in Aylesbury.Maibec® is available in 6 standard colours, however most other colours can be matched if required, as was in this case where purple and yellow were the chosen colours.
The Serpentine, Oxford Road, a joint venture between Denne, Thames Valley Housing Association and the Homes and Communities Agency, forms a continuous curved building, comprising 94 units in total - a mixture of apartments and town houses.
The Serpentine is distinctive - an unrivalled range of new homes, all stunning examples of modern award winning architecture. It also uses innovative materials and building methods to meet the highest standards of energy efficiency and sustainable living. Achieving the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3, the homes have excellent levels of insulation and energy efficiency, with flush fitting doors and windows to reduce heat loss.
The use of timber helps achieve this low carbon effect as well as producing a warm and natural look. Building on its eco-credentials, The Serpentine also meets Building for Life and Lifetime Homes Standards.
Maibec® is a natural softwood timber, with an unrivalled 50 year warranty against rot and decay, and an 18 year warranty against peeling and blistering of the stained finish. This 18 year warranty can be extended by a further 15 years provided the timber is re-coated within the original 18 year period.
There are extensive benefits to using maibec® timber cladding, including a proven history of the product. Along with the remarkable warranties, low maintenance and lifecycle cost mean that architects can specify this product with the confidence that the cladding will look amazing for years to come. Ease of installation, using traditional installation methods mean that contractors also benefit.
Various profiles are available; including Channel, Cove, V-Joint, Bevel and the Board & Batten style. AutoCAD and PDF drawings of all maibec® profiles can be downloaded from our website www.proctorgroup.com.
The A. Proctor Group can also, on request, offer maibec® cladding with Chain of Custody accreditation which ensures that the timber is sourced from a responsibly managed forest, providing income for future generations of forest workers.
For further information on our Timber Cladding or any of the other product ranges, please visit www.proctorgroup.com.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/02/2015 - Roofshield is top of the class
- 06/10/2014 - AIRTIGHTNESS - Bridging the Gap
- 16/08/2013 - Black Watch Museum Extension to Castle - Perth
- 02/07/2013 - Classic Upgrade to Housing Estate
- 01/07/2013 - A.Proctor Group Attend Timber Expo
- 17/05/2013 - Oakworth reflect on benefit of Reflectashield
- 30/04/2013 - A. Proctor Group Attend Greenbuild
- 27/03/2013 - Roofshield To The Rescue
- 06/02/2013 - A Proctor Group Attend Ecobuild
- 04/12/2012 - A.Proctor Group chosen for new EC energy efficiency project
- 31/10/2012 - Timber Cladding
- 20/09/2012 - Roofshield gives the Dojo its Mojo
- 05/09/2012 - 30 Euston Square, London
- 13/08/2012 - Thomas Fairchild Community School
- 16/07/2012 - Spacetherm Keeps It Cool
- 16/07/2012 - St Paul's Way, London
- 13/06/2012 - New Hendon village, London
- 28/05/2012 - New M.D. at A. Proctor Group
- 28/05/2012 - Creative Spaces
- 23/04/2012 - Solid Wall Insulation
- 19/03/2012 - Housing Innovation Showcase