Legionnaires’ disease – protecting schools and colleges
10 July 2012
With the awareness of Legionnaires’ disease rising, a growing number of schools and colleges are looking for ways to improve their management of this risk, with the maintenance of safe water temperatures often the first starting point.UK thermometer manufacturer, TM Electronics, works with schools, colleges, local authorities and professional water monitoring companies to ensure that school buildings have the right temperature monitoring equipment in place.
Government safety advisers state that to prevent the spread of the legionella pneumophila bacterium, hot water should be stored above 60°C and distributed above 50°C, and that cold water should be distributed below 20°C. Educational buildings present a particular risk due to the variety in their age and construction and also the number of water outlets present, making regular water hygiene monitoring a number one priority.
With delegated budgets, schools and colleges have more choice than ever before on how to respond to this risk. Some choose an independent route – confidently undertaking regular temperature testing and recording completely in-house. Others opt for outside contractors, who can also manage their overall risk response. And for many, it will be a combination of options that best suit their particular needs depending on factors like time, budgetary constraints and the number and complexity of buildings under their protection.
Whatever operational choices are made, highly accurate temperature testing devices for checking running water, pipes and calorifiers are relied upon to keep harmful bacteria at bay. TM Electronics has developed a range of robust, fast-response thermometers and sensors specifically designed for the job. Many of these are in easy-to-use kit form for speed and convenience, and all are made to high manufacturing standards. TME also offer a range of options for recording temperatures from simple manual systems to Bluetooth logging thermometers for a completely paperless operation – not an unimportant consideration due to the sheer number of routine tests required each year.
Offering value for money is still very important to this UK company, at the forefront of water temperature equipment for over 20 years. “We understand that temperature testing has to be affordable - and that there are a bewildering number of thermometers out there to choose from,” says MD, Toms Sensier. “But at TME, we know from experience, what works best: fast-response, accurate thermometers and probes that last a long time. And that’s exactly what we offer.”
TM Electronics offers easy-to-use temperature kits to suit all budgets suitable for pipes, tanks and running water. For more information visit www.tmelectronics.co.uk or contact 01903 700651 firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/07/2018 - TME to Exhibit at first-ever H&C EXPO at Celtic Manor on 17-18 July 2018.
- 07/06/2018 - TME Campervan at Commercial Kitchen 2018 - NEW Thermometers & Special Offers
- 14/12/2017 - Seasons Cheer! Seasonal Offers from TME Thermometers
- 14/12/2017 - TME Launch Radical NEW Legionella Risk Management Probe KS20-S
- 24/11/2017 - Looking for a quick fix?
- 23/11/2017 - Buy A Bargain Sous Vide Kit This November From TME
- 23/11/2017 - TME launch Black Friday Sale 2017
- 30/03/2017 - TME Thermometers Announce New UK Trade Show Offers for 2017/2018
- 28/10/2016 - Fantastic follow-up for TME at Lunch! 2016
- 28/10/2016 - Legionella water testing – healthcare delegates applaud practicality
- 06/10/2016 - NEW hot and cold water temperature aids for legionella risk management
- 26/05/2016 - Wish You Could Have Your Cake and Eat It?
- 26/05/2016 - Think you can’t afford high performance food thermometers?
- 14/04/2016 - New Low Cost Temperature Testing Fights Food Bacteria
- 16/02/2016 - Colourful New Probes Fight Food Bacteria
- 10/12/2015 - NEW Thermometer with Integral Timer simplifies Legionella Water Tests
- 28/09/2015 - TME’s Legionella Temperature Range at IHEEM 2015
- 01/09/2015 - TME: Best-selling thermometers at Lunch!
- 28/07/2015 - Nuts to greenhouses – Smart testing solutions from TME
- 30/06/2015 - New efficient, sustainable temperature measurement solutions at IT Food Summit 2015
- 22/06/2015 - Top 5 Thermometer Buys for the Professional Kitchen
- 10/04/2015 - British thermometers catch the eye at Anuga FoodTec
- 16/03/2015 - New Generation ThermoBarScan offers instant feedback on temperature measurements
- 12/03/2015 - UK Thermometer Business celebrates 25 Years of Innovation at Anuga
- 12/03/2015 - Casual Dining visitors bowled over by barcode thermometers
- 23/01/2015 - TME Celebrate 25th Anniversary at Casual Dining 2015
- 20/06/2014 - School Thermometer Offers from TME at LACA 2014
- 16/05/2014 - New Temperature Logging System Steals the Limelight
- 25/04/2014 - Breaking News! 10% discount on all TM Electronics products at Hotelympia 2014!
- 07/04/2014 - New Temperature Technology Delivers the Best Results
- 03/04/2014 - TME Thermocouples comply with new BSI Standard
- 25/03/2014 - Free School Meals Plan - Special Offers on Catering Thermometers
- 04/03/2014 - TME Catering Thermometers at Hotelympia 2014 – Good Advice Guaranteed
- 04/03/2014 - New Food Kit gives start-ups a helping hand
- 04/03/2014 - TME reports 80% rise in online orders following launch of new website
- 30/01/2014 - TME Food Thermometers at FOODEX 2014 – Good Advice Guaranteed
- 21/11/2013 - New solution for cold/hot food monitoring saves time and hassle
- 19/08/2013 - Temperature measurement experts launch new solution for Cold/Hot Food Monitoring
- 19/08/2013 - Food Temperature Monitoring – Great New Ideas from TM Electronics
- 14/08/2013 - Legionnaires’ disease – tackling the risk
- 21/05/2013 - Legionella experts launch new solution for difficult to access temperature points
- 25/03/2013 - Legionnaires’ disease – Hotels tackle the risk
- 15/03/2013 - TME show new catering thermometer range at Bournemouth Hotel & Catering Show
- 20/09/2012 - New Deal on Legionella Monitoring for LEA Schools
- 20/09/2012 - TME’s New Deal for Cost Sector Caterers
- 20/09/2012 - TME set to outrun the competition at this year’s Restaurant Show
- 10/07/2012 - TME thermometers – faster than the competition
- 21/06/2012 - Streamlined Food Temperature Monitoring from TME
- 21/06/2012 - Temperature Hot Spots from TME
- 16/02/2012 - TME Thermometer Pollat Hotelympia 2012 - Win a £200 DEBENHAMS Shopping Spree
- 16/02/2012 - Waterproof and Fast- TME showcases improved Sous Vide Temperature Kit with ThermaSprint Technology at Hotelympia 2012
- 16/02/2012 - Preventing Legionnaires' Disease Help for Hotels & Guesthouses at Hotelympia 2012
- 16/02/2012 - Preventing Legionnaires Disease: Help for Care Homes
- 16/02/2012 - All the best connections from TME
- 12/01/2012 - From Goods Inwards to Dispatch– NEW ‘1 for all’ temperature system from TME
- 12/01/2012 - Rapid response, interchangeable temperature probes
- 05/01/2012 - Chefs in a hurry? Visit TME at Hotelympia 2012
- 05/01/2012 - Schools choose TME Kit for in-house testing
- 05/01/2012 - Bag yourself a Sous Vide Temperature Kit for just £135
- 04/01/2012 - New Year Offers from TME
- 01/06/2011 - Speciality meat probes from TM Electronics - MEATUP 2011 - Stand 515
- 01/06/2011 - TM Electronics (UK) Ltd is proud to support MEATUP 2011
- 29/03/2011 - Success for TME’s 2-in-1 Dual Purpose Surface/Immersion Probe
- 28/03/2011 - TME Recommends New Thermometer Range for Facilities Managers
- 14/03/2011 - TME Recommends New Thermometer Range for Food Retailers
- 14/03/2011 - Protect your stock with TME’s New Cold Storage Temperature Kit
- 19/05/2010 - TME Exhibit New Bluetooth Barcode Thermometers at 2010 Facilities Show
- 05/02/2010 - Win a prize, bag a bargain, try before you buy at Hotelympia 2010
- 26/03/2009 - New Barcode Thermometer for Water Temperature Monitoring
- 22/07/2008 - Totting up the Temperature