Hughes expands Compression and Torsion Spring ranges
16 July 2012
One of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of springs, wire-forms and assemblies, William Hughes, has expanded its manufacturing capabilities, announcing that it can now form compression springs in wire sizes up to 8mm diameter and torsion springs in wire up to 6mm diameter.The new capabilities are the result of significant investment in new machinery at its manufacturing facilities in the UK and Bulgaria.
The new coiling machine at the UK factory in Dorset means that William Hughes can now supply heavier duty compression springs using 5-8mm diameter wire.
These are typically used as return valves in products such as hydraulic valves.
The new machine in Bulgaria has the capacity for torsion springs up to 6mm diameter, commonly used in the automotive industry.
William Hughes Managing Director, Max Hughes says;
“We continue to invest in the latest machinery and metal finishing technologies to meet customer demands in a tough market. Our operations in Bulgaria have quadrupled from when we first opened the factory in 2004. This extra capacity allows us to optimise our manufacturing resources and as a result, we can provide our customers with quality products at highly competitive prices.”
William Hughes has also gained the prestigious Nadcap accreditation for its heat treatment facility - a process that is particularly important for springs used within the aerospace industry.
The company has also introduced a number of new ‘added-value’ services for its customers. Among the new processes are steel and glass shot peening, ultrasonic cleaning and tensile testing to very high national standards such as AMS, (Aerospace Material Specifications), or precise customer specifications.
William Hughes specialises in solving problems for its customers using the extensive design and engineering facilities available at its Stalbridge factory. When a solution is agreed with the customer, William Hughes will manufacture high quality parts using its large capacity production plant, which is one of the most sophisticated in the world.
The William Hughes product range includes compression, tension and torsion springs in many bespoke configurations, wire forms, PCB test points and spring wire. Stringent quality checks to ISO 9001:2008, TS 16949 and AS 9100, combined with the latest design, production and distribution techniques ensure continuity of supply, rapid delivery and competitive prices across the range.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/10/2017 - William Hughes expands European operations with the acquisition of Nosag Polska Sp. z o.o. from the DEFTA Group
- 14/09/2017 - William Hughes meets new challenges for high performance spring in critical aerospace application
- 07/08/2017 - William Hughes takes the stress out of spring specification
- 22/03/2017 - Critical components cleaned to the most demanding quality standards, approvals and specifications
- 17/02/2017 - Ultrasonic cleaning comes to Southern Manufacturing & Electronics
- 13/12/2016 - William Hughes shares spring making secrets on youtube
- 12/10/2016 - William Hughes invests £1/4 million in latest welding technology to meet growing demand for automotive seat frames
- 29/06/2016 - William Hughes apprentice programme provides young people with engineering career opportunities
- 06/06/2016 - Latest 3D measurement scanner from William Hughes
- 18/02/2016 - Clean bill of health for William Hughes
- 18/01/2016 - Specialist springs from William Hughes help improve car comfort and safety
- 11/04/2014 - William Hughes celebrates 10 years of success in Bulgaria
- 21/01/2014 - William Hughes is sole supplier of specialist compression springs to Eaton Fluid Power in Havant
- 25/10/2013 - William Hughes adds strength and versatility to its wire components with new overmoulding capability
- 16/09/2013 - Coiled and ready for action
- 08/08/2013 - Wire-form & Spring specialist expands services portfolio
- 28/06/2013 - William Hughes continues to grow its manufacturing facilities in Bulgaria
- 11/02/2013 - Passivation Plant reduces lead time for spring and bent wire forming
- 30/01/2013 - Plasma Welding expertise at William Hughes
- 18/01/2013 - Bent Wire from William Hughes gets you on the move
- 20/12/2012 - William Hughes Spring Technology at the heart of Deltex Blood Flow Monitor
- 07/12/2012 - Speedy wire solution to rear car seat frame challenge
- 02/11/2012 - Improved Spiral Springs from William Hughes
- 05/09/2012 - Need double torsion springs? No problem for William Hughes
- 03/09/2012 - William Hughes achieves NADCAP accreditation