Croft Filters avert sticky situation
19 July 2012
Market leading producers and distributors of sugar based speciality products for the food and drinks industry, James Fleming & Co Ltd, recently contacted Croft Engineering Services to see if they could manufacture a new Glucose filter for them.The manufacture of jams can be made from a variety of methods from open pan boiling to vacuum cooking with both being linked with modern control systems.
James Fleming & Co sent Croft Enginnering their design for a new filter designed specifically to avoid spillage at the end of the pipelines.
Using their design, Croft manufactured some filters to fit on the ends of the glucose pipelines. The filters have a flat section at the rear which allow the glucose to run down the filter body and back into the production process.
Each filter has a quick release mechanism - a triclover ferrule and clamp which makes maintenance a simple task when cleaning.
James Fleming & Co Engineering Manager, Steve Boyle;
“We were happy with the final products that Croft supplied with a quick turnaround. It’s not the first time we have used Croft Engineering Services. Croft are experts in filtration and are now our regular supplier of filters.”
Croft Engineering Services' Neil Burns;
“This was really interesting challenge to create a filter that dealt with a specific problem in a way that maintained the integrity of the manufacturing process and gave added benefit of easy cleaning with reduced maintenance costs.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2015 - Helping To Take The 'strain' Away From Your Filtration Problems
- 14/10/2015 - Commitment To R&D Means National Awards Shortlist For Croft
- 20/09/2012 - Going for Gold – Croft strive to succeed
- 18/07/2012 - Micro Breweries are flavour of the month
- 17/07/2012 - Croft in 'fast lane' with F1 Transmission Filters
- 18/04/2012 - Croft on track with F1 team
- 18/04/2012 - Croft filter helps test subsea pipelines
- 18/04/2012 - Micro Breweries are flavour of the month
- 18/04/2012 - Croft filter helps turn waste into animal food
- 09/01/2012 - Croft helps put British manufacturing on the map
- 01/09/2011 - Croft on track with F1 team
- 22/07/2011 - Croft work to ‘Eggs-act’ specification
- 21/07/2011 - Croft filters out nuclear contamination
- 20/07/2011 - Croft rise to bespoke filter challenge
- 21/06/2011 - Croft mesh 'Dixon' Rings are key to solving deep sea dilemma
- 19/05/2011 - Croft helps deliver refreshing change for Calypso
- 11/02/2011 - Croft gives Archimedes a little help in the 21st century
- 22/10/2009 - Cost of wastewater treatment in food industry to be reduced