Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth
20 May 2008
With Meggers new MFT1553 On-site you can send test result directly in to test certificates
Megger’s new MFT1553 On-site takes electrical testing to a new level. Instruments that transfer test results automatically to a laptop computer or other hardware running a test certificate generation program are nothing new – but this new multifunction installation tester and certification software package from Megger takes this one step further.
Now, it is no longer necessary to have a cabled connection between the test instrument and the computer. With Megger's MFT1553 package, all data is transferred via a wireless Bluetooth connection. The benefits include faster testing, with no cumbersome connections to worry about, the elimination of data leads that are easily lost or damaged, plus the completion of certificates there and then on site on a lap-top, PDA or smart-phone, eliminating the need to note down readings.
The MFT1553 multifunction tester included in the package is the latest addition to Megger's hugely successful MFT1500 range. The MFT1553 offers tests covering all the requirements of both the 16th and 17th Editions of the IEE Wiring Regulations, and is supplied, as standard, complete with a calibration certificate.
The PowerSuite software in the MFT1553 On-site package is among the most versatile of its type, and is available in versions for use on almost any hardware platform from a smart mobile phone to a full-blown PC. In addition to Windows, operating systems such as Symbian S60, and PalmOS V5 are fully supported. The software includes over 25 certificates from the IEE, ECA, NICEIC and ELECSA, and also provides facilities for the generation user designed certificates.
Taken together, the components of the MFT1553 On-site package provide a comprehensive testing solution for contractors which offers safety, convenience and value for money, unmatched by any other product or combination of products currently available.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass