Why Rain Equals Pain for UK Home Owners
19 July 2012
In addition to the obvious misery which a flooded property can cause, this article looks at why home owners could be faced with more pain as a result of the recent storms.At the time of posting this article the rain after what seems like months has eventually stopped. And yet with further heavy rain forecast more flooding, for certain parts of the UK, could soon be with us as current water levels have not had a chance to decrease.
With the flooding of 2007 costing the insurance industry around £3 billion it will perhaps come of no surprise that the latest bout of flooding could see insurance companies increasing home insurance premiums. And with some 200,000 UK homes still unable to get flood cover on their insurance policies, the insurance industry and the government remain in talks to ensure adequate cover can be put in place.
With the safety net for covering flood-risk areas due to end this year, local government wants it replaced so the insurance available is affordable and fair. Some families are already struggling to find cover but soon tens of thousands more could be facing the same problem.
Nick Starling – Director of General Insurance at ABI said members were determined that flood insurance remained as ‘widely available and competitively priced’ as possible. LGA and local authorities need to be involved too ‘they need to commit to investment in flood defences and ensure that there is no more foolish development in high flood risk areas particularly given the rising flood risk’.
Nicola Taylor of Northern Counties Insurance Brokers had this to say, “The truth is that the volume of claims which insurance companies have received as a result of flooding in recent months and years is likely to result in increased home insurance premiums. As an independent insurance broker our job is help our clients find the right cover to suit their needs at the best possible premium whilst providing them with advice to ensure the most important things in their life are always protected.”
Nicola went on to say, “We will continue to work with the UK’s leading insurers so that our clients get the protection they need at a premium they can afford.” To see how Northern Counties can help with your Home Insurance visit www.ncinsurance.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/04/2017 - Cyber Risk Calculator Launched to Help Businesses Calculate Data & Cyber Risks
- 10/01/2017 - Supply Chain Risk Management
- 05/01/2017 - 2017 Forecast for Motor Traders
- 21/12/2016 - Top tops for staying safe in the storms this Winter
- 16/12/2016 - Top Tips for Starting a New Business
- 09/08/2012 - Commercial Kitchens Fire Safety Advice
- 09/08/2012 - Directors and Officers Insurance - 10 Reasons Why You May Need It
- 24/07/2012 - What takes 45 seconds and can cost up to 2500 pounds?
- 24/07/2012 - The Secret to Donation Success for UK Charities
- 24/07/2012 - Why Are More Injury Claims Made When They Are Less Accidents?
- 19/07/2012 - How to Help Stop Your New Business Failing
- 19/07/2012 - Flooding and How You Can Reduce Damage
- 09/11/2011 - Budding Nursery Owners Reveal Their Worst Nightmares
- 09/11/2011 - Commercial Insurance Specialist Joins Northern Counties
- 09/11/2011 - Insurance Claims Specialist Appointed to Head Leading Brokers Claim Division
- 09/11/2011 - Staff the Key to Success for Region’s Business Insurance Broker
- 13/10/2010 - UK Businesses Offered Risk Free Way to Increase Profits
- 13/10/2010 - North East set to become UK Charity Insurance Capital
- 13/10/2010 - Staff Key to Success for North East's Leading Insurance Broker
- 15/12/2009 - Nursery Insurance and the questions to ask when buying
- 09/12/2009 - Nursery Insurance – how to get the very best deal
- 30/10/2009 - Top tips for buying community group insurance
- 27/10/2009 - Trustee Indemnity Insurance - how to protect charities trustees
- 27/10/2009 - Secrets finally revealed to cheaper motor trade insurance
- 26/10/2009 - Why you need trustee Indemnity Insurance
- 26/10/2009 - Essential tips for buying small charity insurance
- 23/10/2009 - The changing face of charitable gifts
- 22/10/2009 - Amazing facts that affect our children everyday
- 22/10/2009 - Risk Management advice for UK charities
- 20/10/2009 - What makes something the best in the world?
- 19/10/2009 - Why smarter charity promotion is needed
- 19/10/2009 - Online help for small charities hits the UK
- 15/10/2009 - Nursery insurance and why expert advice is essential
- 15/10/2009 - Is the gift of giving falling as christmas approaches?
- 14/10/2009 - Identifying risks in the charity world
- 14/10/2009 - How much should nurseries be paying for insurance?
- 14/10/2009 - Essential tips for running a small charity on a budget
- 13/10/2009 - Church insurance and why religion is becoming a risky business
- 13/10/2009 - Community group insurance experts explain the secrets to success
- 06/10/2009 - Charity insurance - the secrets to getting yours for less
- 06/10/2009 - Charity insuranceb brokers NCI explain why charities must embrace technology
- 06/10/2009 - Charities and their fight for survival
- 06/10/2009 - Charity insurance experts explain why charities are becoming twits
- 02/10/2009 - Charity Insurance – the questions to ask when looking for cover