New Jubilee pillar clock by Good Directions Ltd unveiled by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
31 July 2012
Clock features have been used over the decades not just to note the passing of time but also to celebrate it. Commemorative clocks have often been erected as memorials to Kings and Queens, marking Coronations and Jubilee's.This year is no exception and to celebrate the Queen's historic Diamond Jubilee the village of Colnbrook commissioned Good Directions Ltd to manufacture a pillar clock to take pride of place in the heart of their conservation area.
Supporters waved Union Jack flags on Colnbrook High Street and the Minden Band of the Queen’s Division provided music, as they welcomed the Duchess of Cornwall, who unveiled the new Diamond Jubilee clock.
Colnbrook originally had a clock commemorating the coronation of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra in August 1902. However in about 1931 the building it was mounted on was demolished and since no suitable site could be found for the clock, it was stored away for over forty years until it was restored in 1977 in commemoration of Queen Elizabeth II’s Silver Jubilee and is now on display inside the local Inn.
The new four sided Jubilee pillar clock has been installed near the original clock site. Constructed from cast aluminium with a GRP dial box the clock feature stands at 5.5 metres tall. Finished in gloss black with gold leaf detailing it compliments the surrounding street furniture and has created a stunning focal point for the village. The skeleton dials are set to illuminate at night and chimes can now be heard using Good Directions state of the art Total Control System, which also automatically adjusts the clocks after power failures and at the summer and winter time changes.
Good Directions are proud to have been chosen for such a prestigious project and privileged that so many of their clocks now form an important part of many ongoing regeneration schemes and celebrations across the UK, creating local focal points for so many people to enjoy.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 12/01/2018 - Pillar clock marks The Queen’s Sapphire Jubilee
- 12/01/2018 - Classic clocks for Tower in Poundbury
- 12/01/2018 - Bespoke Bezel Clock for CBeebies Hotel
- 12/01/2018 - Bespoke clock for school
- 12/01/2018 - Clock at AA Headquarters
- 20/12/2016 - Two Great British clock manufacturers join forces as Good Directions Ltd acquires Shire Clocks Ltd.
- 19/12/2016 - Mach Engineering manufacturing parts for new Aston Martin powerboat
- 19/06/2015 - Pillar clocks create a real focal point in the street scene
- 10/02/2014 - Commemorative clock now has pride of place in Burley
- 08/10/2013 - Good Directions launch new range of Clock Tables
- 14/08/2013 - Two Great British manufacturers join forces as Good Directions Ltd acquires Neptune Outdoor Furniture Ltd.
- 05/11/2012 - Good Directions Ltd design bespoke clocks for Grand Designs Live exhibition
- 13/08/2012 - Good Directions restores clock to old school façade for new housing scheme
- 11/07/2011 - Good Directions Ltd manufactures bespoke clock for new Disney store in London.
- 06/07/2011 - Pupil wins replica clock for designing a new large exterior clock for Darrick Wood school.
- 06/07/2011 - 4m high exterior clock feature manufactured for new park in Azerbaijan.
- 18/05/2011 - Stafford 'Heroes' Clock
- 18/05/2011 - Good Directions new landmark exterior clock for Banbury unveiled by the Mayor.
- 17/05/2011 - Harrods choose Good Directions to manufacture Big Ben replica for new signature room.
- 17/05/2011 - Azerbaijan's Largest Exterior Clock Manufactured by Good Directions Ltd
- 13/05/2011 - Good Directions new landmark exterior clock for Banbury unveiled by the Mayor
- 05/05/2011 - New Town Clock for Bingham by Good Directions Ltd
- 05/05/2011 - World's largest Grandfather clock manufactured by Good Directions Ltd?
- 20/04/2011 - A new pavement clock for Windsor installed with time capsule hidden below.
- 13/09/2010 - Good Directions clock in on time for Daybreak
- 21/07/2009 - Restoring stopped clocks are steps in Good Directions