Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
09 August 2012
Wind turbines convert the kinetic energy from the wind into mechanical energy. This mechanical energy is then converted into electricity. To ensure these turbines operate safely, strict monitoring is necessary. A wind turbine monitoring system is responsible for monitoring the tower, blades, shaft, gear box or generator. This involves a variety of sensors, for example accelerometers, encoders, temperature sensors, oil/liquid level sensors, particle counter, voltage, current and humidity sensors.UEI Cubes, and in particular, the UEIPAC, are ideal solutions for monitoring and controlling wind power generators, because they are powerful enough to provide control for everything from blade angle to output voltage, and log everything from wind speed to power output.
The UEIPAC’s Ethernet access means it can easily run as a slave to a primary host PC when desired, but can take over and run stand-alone if anything happens to the primary communications link. The Cube’s rugged environmental specifications eliminate the need for any heating or cooling in the control rack.
The standard UEIPAC cubes are tested from -40° to +85° C, at 50 g shock, 5 g vibration and altitudes up to 70,000 feet. All I/O is also fully isolated from the controller, so the UEIPAC is largely immune to the glitches and spikes so commonly seen in the grounds of an industrial environment.
The UEIPAC uses the same I/O boards as the PowerDNA family, and includes analog input (with up to 24 bit resolution), analog output, digital I/O, Serial and CAN communications, ARINC-429 networking, counter/timer, quadrature encoder input and more. The UEIPAC cube may be placed on a desk or table or may be mounted to any flat surface/wall, DIN Rail or in a standard 19” rack, and will run on AC, DC or battery power.
All United Electronic Industries products are developed and manufactured in the United States. UEI guarantees the availability of all RACKtangle/Cube series products (including DNA, DNR, UEIPAC, UEISIM, UEILogger and UEIModbus chassis and compatible I/O boards) for a minimum of 10 years, and all hardware manufactured by UEI is warranted for 2 years to the original purchaser. UEI is represented in the UK by Sarsen Technology Ltd. Price available on request - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...