Polycarbonate Gastronorm containers from CEL are BPA free
07 August 2012
Catering Equipment Limited have achieved a world first in association with their Italian manufacturing partners and German chemical suppliers, by producing their standard range of Polycarbonate gastronorm containers & lids, free from Bisphenol A.BPA has been at the centre of controversy regarding babies feeding bottles, of which including BPA in the manufacturing process has now been banned in Europe and many other countries.
Bisphenol A was discovered by a Russian Chemist in 1891. Today it is widely used in most types of plastics. In 2008 however, scientists discovered a link to some negative health effects.
Local and Government authorities reacted by banning the use of BPA in feeding bottles. This in turn led to CEL's current BPA free polycarbonate containers and lids being developed and these will soon be available upon request from our stock of over 70,000 gastronorm containers & lids and sink items.
In future, customers will be able to specify BPA free containers and lids. To save any confusion, new BPA free containers and lids are clearly marked so that customers can be sure they have the correct product.
Catering Equipment Ltd CEO, Anthony Prestage;
“Our employees are all very excited about this fantastic development in the market.“
He went on to say that he thought initially schools, preschools and nurseries would be the first to demand this new super safe BPA free product as the health benefits are overwhelming. Food manufacturers should soon follow as they are also scientists in their own right and are very aware of the health risks, so will be primary purchasers for BPA free products along with health authorities and anybody involved in infant and child care.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/09/2017 - “Get Dometic”
- 17/03/2017 - Kanga Box UK announce new test facilities at their plant in Southern Germany.
- 28/02/2017 - Why should I buy the Kangabox Professional and Professionsl Plus?
- 18/11/2015 - Birmingham company kills 99+% of all known germs !
- 16/07/2015 - Gastronorm 304 stainless steel containers with HACCP colour coded lids
- 09/06/2015 - Need to carry a lot of ice Kanga have the answer!
- 22/04/2015 - In Mould Labelling brings fantastic advance in Gastronorm Container identification
- 20/03/2013 - You can can can with a Kanga from Catering Equipment Ltd
- 20/03/2012 - Tight corner Radius Sinks from Catering Equipment Ltd
- 30/06/2010 - There’s 'Gold' in them there Gastronorm containers from Catering Equipment Ltd