SE Controls wins ‘historic’ award from The National Archive
13 August 2012
A major project to replace and upgrade the glazed roof at The National Archive (TNA) in Kew has resulted in SE Controls’ smoke ventilation solutions being recognised within TNA’s Team Awards, which have been awarded collectively to the internal departments, external partners and contractors involved in the successful completion of the project.The National Archive is the central repository for all UK historic and government records covering almost 10 centuries of information going back to the Domesday Book of 1085. As a result, while the safety of the building’s staff and visitors is the critical concern in the event of a fire, it is also vital that the archive is protected from damage.
By replacing the existing roof glazing, which had begun to leak in a number of places, TNA took the opportunity to improve the overall quality of the glazing, as well as bringing the smoke ventilation and actuation system up to the latest regulatory standards to ensure compliance with the relevant fire safety and building legislation.
The previous pneumatically controlled smoke vent and window automation system was replaced with a new integrated window and actuator solution, which is fully compliant to the latest EN12101-2 standard and is linked to SE Controls’ smoke and environmental control panels within the building’s eight smoke control zones.
HTP Architects designed the new glazed roof and Structura UK was the principal contractor on the project, with both companies also being part of the collective award from TNA. Throughout the project, the entire upgrading was undertaken while the building was occupied and provided full access to the public to ensure no disruption was caused.
SE Controls specialises in the design, project management and installation of advanced smoke ventilation and natural ventilation solutions to meet the needs of architects, contractors, building services engineers and facilities managers worldwide. Further information on SE Controls’ products, solutions and projects can be obtained by visiting www.secontrols.com or calling +44 (0) 1543 443060.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/03/2020 - SE Controls adds comfort and safety at prestigious Manchester residential development
- 28/02/2020 - SE Controls achieves CCCF certification in China
- 28/02/2020 - SE Controls Launch Smoke Control Compliance Animation
- 28/02/2020 - Glazing systems and fire safety – A clearer view.
- 28/02/2020 - Does the proposed fire safety regulatory system overhaul go far enough?
- 28/02/2020 - Compliance is compulsory not optional.
- 14/10/2019 - Hampton School
- 29/01/2019 - CCI Office
- 28/01/2019 - Urban Sciences Building
- 28/01/2019 - Netcare Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital
- 28/01/2019 - Sci-Bono Discovery Centre
- 28/01/2019 - Woodberry Park
- 28/01/2019 - The Residence, York
- 06/06/2016 - New ventilation and smoke control BIM objects from SE Controls
- 17/05/2016 - SE Controls helps keeps ‘Dragon’s fire’ under control
- 26/04/2016 - SE Controls keeps shoppers safe at Johannesburg’s new Mall of the South
- 21/03/2016 - SE Controls joins national Made in Britain campaign
- 12/02/2016 - SE Controls seeks new talent and skills at March recruitment fair
- 19/01/2016 - SE Controls gets switched on with Bristol’s Electricity House contract
- 19/01/2016 - SE Controls puts on a safe performance at Buxton Opera House
- 19/01/2016 - SE Controls receives FIRAS accreditation
- 19/01/2016 - ‘Green’ natural ventilation from SE Controls at new King’s Cross Central development
- 19/01/2016 - Fire safety and comfort cooling from SE Controls for new London apartment development
- 30/08/2012 - SE Controls delivers ‘Gold’ standard natural ventilation at Olympic Velodrome
- 27/06/2012 - SE Controls provides a creative environment at new university design centre
- 26/04/2012 - SE Controls sponsor the Peter Wilson Lecture
- 23/03/2012 - SE Controls publishes new ‘white paper’ on smoke control in apartment buildings
- 12/03/2012 - SE Controls presents latest smoke control technology at the LABC Conference & Exhibition
- 12/03/2012 - Focus on waste management and recycling pays off for SE Controls
- 08/03/2012 - Tesco superstore shoppers stay safe and cool with SE Controls
- 24/02/2012 - Top MSc student wins low carbon building design prize from SE Controls
- 23/02/2012 - SE Controls tops £12,000 in Macmillan charity fundraising
- 12/01/2012 - SE Controls gains LABC approval for new smoke ventilation solution
- 30/11/2011 - SE Controls provides comfort and safety at new hospital
- 24/11/2011 - SE Controls strengthens its team with six new appointments
- 07/11/2011 - Advanced smoke ventilation solution from SE Controls protects Nottingham students
- 07/11/2011 - Triple RIBA Stirling Prize success for SE Controls
- 03/10/2011 - “SE Controls Launch the SHEVTEC® Extended Travel Distance System”
- 03/10/2011 - ‘See SE Controls’ Residential Smoke Ventilation system at the M&E Exhibition, Olympia 11th & 12th October’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘‘Eight Core Competencies to Successful Smoke and Natural Ventilation Solutions’’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘SE Controls Support CAB’s Technical Conference’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘Natural Ventilation Strategy for Highbury College’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘Placing SE Controls on the Map’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘SE Controls Complete Charity Bike Ride’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘SE Controls at M&E Exhibition’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘SE Controls New Tamper Proof Manual Control Point (MCP)’
- 14/09/2011 - ‘SE Controls - Expansion in Recession’
- 20/04/2011 - ‘Standards for Natural Ventilation and Smoke Ventilation’
- 14/03/2011 - ‘New naturally ventilated wing to Kew’s Herbarium’
- 14/03/2011 - ‘SE Controls Charity Support’
- 24/11/2010 - Automated Facade Control
- 24/11/2010 - Smoke Ventilation, Natural Ventilation & Window Automation
- 24/11/2010 - The Partners in Facade Automation
- 05/10/2010 - SE Controls the Automatic Choice for Manual Window Controls