M&S Maximise Energy Savings with Thermal Imaging Camera
21 August 2012
As the UK’s leading and most respected provider of high quality food products Marks & Spencer are always looking toward innovative and effective technology in line with its policy of expansion and enhancing the shopping environment.In this respect, the recent acquisition of a Testo 875 Thermal Imaging Camera has proved to be absolutely ideal for the core aspect of troubleshooting building services and refrigeration.
By any criteria the statistics relating to the M&S success story make for stunning reading. The 703 outlets range from the high street and retail park superstores of 100,000 square feet to specialist Simply Food configurations of 7,000 square feet. There are also the petrol stations and airport locations which overall generate no less than £4.5 billion per annum and representing over 50% of group turnover. 21 million people pass through the doors every week and they expect the best combination of price and quality.
Refrigeration Manager Bob Arthur is very pleased with his choice of product “When it came to the thermal technology, as you would expect we carefully researched and checked all of the options to ensure we were up with the sector. Quality was an important factor as it underpins everything we do. Previously, the investigative procedures tended to be time consuming and somewhat invasive, for example creating smoke patterns to observe temperature variations or leakages. The specification of our equipment means that we rarely have unexpected situations but when we do the new Testo camera is the ideal partner. It also is great for checking newly installed equipment. Simply point and look at the screen, it’s that easy; whether for chilled cabinets, distributor boards or cable trays. It’s easy to use, quick and accurate and has become the norm for our maintenance team. It is exactly what we needed”.
Technically talking, the Testo 875-2 is a very versatile and light Thermal Imaging Camera, weighing just 900g. It is modern in style and features a large 3.5 inch display providing the user with high resolution images. It is equipped with an integrated digital camera to provide both thermal and digital images. The camera is supplied with a wide angle field of view lens and can also be fitted with an optional telephoto lens. Thermal sensitivity is 0.08ºC (80mK) and it has a wide temperature range of -20 to 280 ºC. Storage capacity is 2GB – approximately 800 to 1000 images - on an SD memory card and all supported by powerful software with full reporting features.
For further details please contact Testo at 01420 544433; email email@example.com or visit www.testo.co.uk
PR Contact: Alan Cossons at First Impressions, 51 Caroline Street, London E1 0JG. Tel: 0207 780 9580; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 18/09/2012 - Thermal Imaging and Power Flushing Go Hand-in-Hand
- 04/09/2012 - Flue gas analysis the easy way
- 09/08/2012 - A Fresh Approach to Thermometers
- 09/08/2012 - Testo Data Loggers help LH Group Services stay on track
- 12/07/2012 - Southern Fried Chicken
- 12/07/2012 - ESS
- 12/07/2012 - M&S Maximise Energy Savings with Thermal Imaging Camera
- 12/07/2012 - OSI - Testo's Food Quality Solutions
- 12/07/2012 - Quotient - Testo Saveris Supports Medical Advances
- 12/07/2012 - Cotswold Energy Efficiency Centre
- 17/09/2010 - A testing opportunity not to be missed
- 15/09/2010 - The future of flue gas analysis has arrived
- 03/03/2010 - Testos' new low cost Digital Manifold for tough applications
- 05/02/2010 - Testo keep an eye on vital ambient conditions
- 14/01/2009 - Testo 880 Thermal Imaging Camera Now with Extra Features Added
- 11/06/2008 - Cost-Effective Hand-Held Thermal Imager Launches