VEGA launch new Guided Wave Radar
18 September 2012
The new VEGAFLEX 80 Guided Wave Radar from VEGA Controls, ‘automatically’ delivers versatility and reliability for level and interface measurement in both liquids and solids - technology from Vega that is already known for outstanding performance under changing conditions within temperature, gas, vapour, density and pressure applications.Many functions that commonly need manual adjustment with GWR devices are now automated with VEGAFLEX 80, thus improving life-time functionality. For example; on hydrocarbons and liquid gases, automatic systems ensure the low reflectivity level signal is monitored, whilst ignoring any highly reflective water condensate build up beneath. Automated empty vessel mapping ensures ongoing build up is detected and ignored. For changing product properties and saturated steam, it employs auto-compensation to maintain accuracy.
Other systems include automated overfill protection, dynamic echo tracking, dielectric/moisture content monitoring and probe length/condition detection. These are particularly designed to remove labour-intensive interventions after start up, to maximise safety, increase productivity and reduce costs.
Devices are supplied ready calibrated with an optional automated set up wizard, for optimising sensors to level, interface and dielectric measurement. A wide choice of output protocols and asset management capabilities include; twin analogue outputs for interface and top level, HART, Profibus, FF and Modbus. EDD and FDT/DTM set up capability are available as standard.
Series 80 has upgraded sealing, hygienic designs, temperature and pressure ranges. The certification and qualification portfolio includes; ATEX, Marine, FDA, EHEDG, SIL 2/3, NE107 and EN for 72hr boiler control. All of these product improvements equip VEGAFLEX 80 for excellent operational performance, process compatibility and investment return.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/02/2018 - On the level, every mm counts
- 09/02/2017 - Not just 'Walking the Walk...'
- 18/10/2016 - It’s all in the price!
- 27/09/2016 - VEGA team steps up to the Plod Challenge!
- 13/04/2016 - Vegatruck has successful UK tour
- 21/03/2016 - Worlds first 80 GHz radar level sensor for liquids
- 15/01/2016 - Visit the VEGATRUCK on its tour of the UK
- 11/06/2015 - Narrow success for solids radar level sensor
- 07/05/2015 - Realising the flexibility of electronic differential pressure
- 07/05/2015 - Vegaflex: the standard for interface and level control
- 07/05/2015 - VEGAPULS 69 – The new radar sensor for bulk solids
- 08/05/2014 - Level Radar at Aston Martin works.
- 21/11/2013 - VEGA get interactive on water
- 20/08/2013 - Innovation Award for VEGAFLEX GWR Sensor
- 07/08/2013 - VEGA UK team feels the heat for charity!
- 19/04/2013 - 100,000 bulk solid radar sensors from VEGA installed worldwide
- 01/02/2013 - World first for tuning fork level switch
- 05/09/2012 - Apps, Tools and more from Vega
- 19/04/2012 - VEGA PROTRAC nucleonic gauging systems
- 20/02/2012 - Let VEGA take the pressure
- 22/09/2011 - VEGAPASS and VEGAMAG
- 13/06/2011 - VEGA launch New remote monitoring solution for level and pressure
- 20/04/2011 - VEGA level radars help deliver £12M savings at TATA
- 25/05/2010 - VEGA DP transmitter features remote housing
- 19/01/2010 - Thames measured by VEGA Radar
- 16/06/2009 - New VEGA signal conditioner with host of solutions
- 20/05/2009 - BP use SIL 2 VEGA radars for floating roof high level
- 02/04/2009 - VEGA non-contact radar level measurement
- 10/12/2008 - Renewing energy with every turn takes its toll
- 04/11/2008 - PACTware™ on the road again
- 23/09/2008 - Europe's Largest Newsprint Paper Machine Prints 400,000 tons Annually
- 12/09/2008 - VEGA TDR gets remote housing
- 12/09/2008 - New ATEX approved radiation survey meter from VEGA
- 12/06/2008 - Vibrating level switches for bulk solids up to 150 °C
- 07/04/2008 - Flush pressure transmitter, buy on-line, 2 day delivery
- 09/11/2007 - New VEGA level and pressure webshop extra 5% off offer!