High Temperature Accelerometer
20 September 2012
Dytran Instruments has introduced the model 3316C, a high temperature accelerometer featuring a charge mode element mounted in a hermetically sealed, miniature Inconel housing. Capable of operating at temperatures up to +482° C, the model 3316C utilizes the latest in planar shear technology.In order to operate at such high temperatures, the model 3316C was designed with a unique, Dytran patented feature. Units employ a "silver window" on the top cover of the accelerometer housing, which provides oxygen access to the crystal at high temperatures whilst maintaining the unit's hermetic sealing. The 3316C weighs just 5 grams and has a height of just 0.91 mm. It is offered with a sensitivity between 1 and 2 pC/g, with a 10KHz upper frequency response, and has a 5-40 tapped hole and 10-32 radial connector.
With its durability, broad operating temperature range and miniature, lightweight design, the 3316C is ideal for high temperature environments where mass loading is a concern including automotive vibration studies, exhaust system analysis, engine vibration analysis and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS). To prevent ground loop interference at high temperatures, it is recommended to use model 6998 isolated mounting block in order to isolate the sensor from the mounting surface. Additional recommended accessories for model 3316C include the model 6946A hard-line cable assembly and model 4752B in-line charge amplifier.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/04/2014 - Conax Technologies
- 20/09/2012 - USB Triaxial Accelerometer
- 20/09/2012 - New Capacitance Electronics
- 20/09/2012 - Lossless Wireless Systems
- 20/09/2012 - Inertial Measurement Unit
- 28/06/2012 - Compression seal fittings are high performers.
- 28/06/2012 - New piezoelectric sensor catalogue is released by Dytran
- 15/04/2010 - Compression seal fittings are high performers
- 26/07/2007 - New catalogue of dynamic sensors from Dytran