Inertial Measurement Unit
20 September 2012
MicroStrain have just released the 3DM-GX3-15, which is a miniature IMU, and offers users who do not need magnetometers a lower cost, lower power option to the popular 3DM-GX3-25, yet still maintaining the same high quality inertial performance. The addition of the 3DM-GX3-15 completes the GX3 family of products.The 3DM-GX3-15 offers a range of fully calibrated inertial measurements including acceleration, angular rate, deltaTheta, and deltaVelocity vectors. It can also output computed orientation estimates including Euler angles (pitch and roll), rotation matrix and quaternion. All quantities are fully temperature compensated and are mathematically aligned to an orthogonal coordinate system. The 3DM-GX3-15 architecture has been carefully designed to substantially eliminate common sources of error such as sensitivity to supply voltage variations.
The 3DM-GX3-15 is initially sold as a starter kit consisting of an IMU module, RS-232 or USB communication and power cable, software CD, user manual, and quick start guide. Applications include marine, automotive, communications, camera & platform stabilisation, biomechanics and robotics. The 3DM-GX3-15, along with the rest of the GX3 family, now include new improved gyros. This means all of the units in the GX3 family offer extremely low dynamic g-sensitivity, higher powered shock survivability, and lower noise. Also new MIP API is now integrated across the family of inertial sensor products, providing greater flexibility, and enabling seamless interchange of GX3 units without changing software..
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/04/2014 - Conax Technologies
- 20/09/2012 - USB Triaxial Accelerometer
- 20/09/2012 - New Capacitance Electronics
- 20/09/2012 - Lossless Wireless Systems
- 20/09/2012 - High Temperature Accelerometer
- 28/06/2012 - Compression seal fittings are high performers.
- 28/06/2012 - New piezoelectric sensor catalogue is released by Dytran
- 15/04/2010 - Compression seal fittings are high performers
- 26/07/2007 - New catalogue of dynamic sensors from Dytran