Industrial Manipulator heats up radiator production
24 September 2012
Scaglia Indeva has recently provided an Industrial Manipulator to load radiators onto a moving painting line in a safe way with quick and precise movements.The companys' previous traditional industrial manipulators with pneumatic control no longer satisfied requirements for two reasons.
Due to typical air technological limitations the response of pneumatic controlled traditional manipulators is slow, causing imprecise movements and longer cycle time. In addition, operators must use greater physical effort when changing direction.
As the pneumatic manipulators aren't auto-weight sense and auto-balancing, as the radiators are of different sizes and weights, the operator had to stop frequentyl for balance setting adjustments each time the load weight changes.
The only solution that could satisfy the demand for quick and precise movements together with more productivity was Scaglia Indeva's Industrial Manipulator with vacuum gripper.
The Indeva, an intelligent handling system, is the evolution of traditional industrial manipulators. The Indeva constantly automatically detects and counter-balances the load weight, making the load as it were weightless. It has no buttons to keep pressed during handling operations and does not require load setting adjustments when the load weight changes.
Thanks to the electronic control system, the Indeva allows for quick and precise movements which would be impossible to achieve with traditional industrial manipulators (with pneumatic control) and with hoists. The Indeva is also equipped with ergonomic handles and finger sensitive handle providing even better response to the operators touch.
Special sensors placed on the vacuum gripping tool detect the load at a certain distance and activate the vacuum cups so that no time is wasted and the load is firmly gripped and ready to be moved as soon as it's touched by the vacuum cups. A special device allows rotation of the radiator by 180 degrees.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 01/11/2017 - A guide to the Indeva Lean Systems
- 01/11/2017 - Automotive Solutions in Action at Peugeot
- 31/10/2017 - Indeva’s Innovative Industrial Manipulators Feature in BBC’s ‘Inside the Factory’
- 31/10/2017 - We are Industry 4.0 Ready. Are you?
- 31/10/2017 - Ergonomics in Manufacturing
- 07/10/2013 - Liftronic® Easy 05 from Scaglia Indeva redefines materials handling excellence
- 24/09/2012 - Tyre Handling with Indeva Liftronic
- 24/09/2012 - Scaglia's most efficient solution for lifting food
- 21/09/2012 - Intelligent vacuum lifting equipment for cardboard cases
- 20/09/2012 - The easiest way to assemble an electric generator
- 20/09/2012 - Lifting equipment for bags, boxes,drums and jars
- 19/09/2012 - Lifting equipment Indeva for cardboard boxes with 90° rotation
- 19/09/2012 - Scaglia supply Order Pickers with reel handling Indeva manipulators
- 18/09/2012 - Scaglia increases productivity for Good Year
- 17/09/2012 - Baggage handling by means of an INDEVA Liftronic EASY: more ergonomics and safety
- 14/09/2012 - Moving 6 cases at a time effortlessly, quickly and safely
- 11/09/2012 - Overhead lifting equipment for loading a lathe
- 06/09/2012 - A quick and effortless assembly of lawnmowers
- 05/09/2012 - How to lift reels of 110 kg and load them into a machine effortlessly
- 03/09/2012 - Ergonomic material handling at a vertical automatic warehouse
- 29/08/2012 - One manipulator and one end-effector only to lift 4 different types of loads
- 07/01/2011 - Scaglia launch order picker with reel manipulator
- 11/11/2010 - Four faced Vacuum Lifter allows different load options
- 10/11/2010 - Vacuum Lifter from Indeva for 3m height pick and place