MiniTec's new UMS pallet circulation conveyor suits a wide range of applications in materials handling
27 September 2012
System demonstrates flexibility and potential of Profile System machine building component rangeAimed at demanding materials handling applications, MiniTec's new UMS pallet circulation conveyor takes full advantage of the high-quality modular machine building components that are readily available in its modular Profile System range. The UMS is a double-track chain conveyor with fixed, product customised, pallets that are typically circulated above the conveying level when loaded and continue below the conveying level when empty.
MiniTec's UMS pallet circulation conveyor requires minimum floor space for interlinking various types of processing machines or for loading goods to robot cells. The re-circulating chain design serves as both carrier and drive unit for the system. The off-loaded pallets are turned vertically by an interlocking gripper with return transportation hanging beneath the conveyor. The system can also be used as an overhead suspension track, returning empty pallets at the top level. Pallet accumulation is possible on the conveying level as well as on the return.
The UMS pallet circulation system is designed for pallets with a width of 400 to 600 millimetres and a length of 100 to 300 mm in the conveying direction. For standard range applications, the maximum installation length is 20 metres and the maximum load capacity is 100 kg per pallet. The allowable load of the complete unit is 1.2 t with a conveying speed of 6 m/min or 0.8 tonnes at 12 m/min.
Control of the UMS is very simple with no extensive programming for incoming and outgoing parts necessary. With only one electric motor running the system and with no drive units required for lift or reverse necessary, installation is straightforward and the efficiency of the system keeps energy costs reasonable.
The design of the UMS has deliberately been kept very simple with the number of component parts reduced to a minimum. The use of high quality materials ensures low maintenance operation and exceptional resilience against contamination and corrosion. From the safety aspect, there are no incoming or outgoing crushing hazards or pinch points.
The flexibility designed into the UMS pallet circulation system and its complete compatibility with MiniTec's Profile System machine building component range, allows customised systems that can include additional automation features such as motion controlled or sensor controlled electric or pneumatic actuators, or simple construction items such as screens, wheels, doors and guards etc.
MiniTec's range of conveying and parts handling solutions has been extended considerably through acquisitions in recent years and now includes solutions for many different materials processing applications. The product line includes heavy-load roller conveyors, belt driven conveyors, roller and accumulating roller conveyors as well as comprehensive assembly systems like the heavy duty RMS series or the FMS flexible assembly system.
MiniTec's team of experienced engineers are on hand to support customers during project planning, and implementation of all conveying systems.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/05/2016 - The Flexible Aluminium Profile System For A Range of Applications
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec helps the Aviva Rugby Championship winning streak
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec purpose built trolleys help a turbo shaft manufacturer improve operational efficiency
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec – manufacturer of profiling systems celebrates 30 year anniversary in 2016
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec UK Ltd – combines UK expertise with original German engineering to achieve global reach - truly the art of simplicity
- 17/05/2016 - Design your own aluminium profile application with iCAD online – the art of simplicity
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec build a bespoke test room for Magnetic Shields Ltd
- 05/11/2015 - MiniTec designs and supplies display cabinets for National Physical Laboratory ‘Super Sight’ stand
- 19/10/2015 - Another machine framing hole in one!
- 14/09/2015 - Engineering Design Show
- 08/07/2015 - From simple frames to automated factory: MiniTec’s new Profile System catalogue is a must-have resource for machinery and equipment design
- 19/06/2015 - MiniTec launches new mini-sized framing profile and matching component range - for smaller machines and structures
- 11/05/2015 - MiniTec supplies flexible manufacturing cell with Kanban storage for The Proving Factory
- 12/02/2015 - Machine framing products with global sales & support: MiniTec’s profile system helps Zen realise putting perfection for golfers
- 07/01/2015 - MiniTec UK Increases range of equipment for Autosport 2015
- 30/09/2014 - MiniTec to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 05/09/2014 - MiniTec UK - Engineering Design Show preview
- 10/07/2014 - Part-system build service for OEMs: MiniTec’s full service (supply chain management) capability benefits Cobalt Light Systems
- 10/01/2014 - MiniTec workstations help provide quality and consistency for aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul provider MAEL
- 21/11/2013 - Show preview: MiniTec UK Ltd, Stand Number 8244
- 17/10/2013 - MiniTec launches new KanTainer – a storage system for kanban production
- 23/08/2013 - MiniTec’s new adapters combine perfectly for multi-axis linear positioning systems
- 14/06/2013 - MiniTec keeps motorsports spick and span
- 11/09/2012 - MiniTec to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 04/09/2012 - MiniTec launches spiral conveyor for high-throughput materials handling
- 09/07/2012 - MiniTec launch new LMS Linearmodul actuators for complete automation flexibility
- 21/06/2012 - MiniTec introduces a new range of components for noise reduction screens and acoustic enclosures
- 17/01/2012 - IPSOL's solar panel centre of excellence uses MiniTec Profile System
- 02/08/2010 - MiniTec UK helps bring a smile for PictureBlast party photo booth service
- 14/04/2010 - MiniTec launch Office Cube profile system
- 17/02/2010 - MiniTec News brochure proves that excellence is in the detail
- 17/02/2010 - MiniTec UK lanch two Profi-Team catalogues featuring conveyor systems for assembly and inspection lines
- 29/01/2010 - Workplace System catalogue from MiniTec covers all bases
- 27/01/2010 - MiniTec success at MB&A
- 26/01/2010 - New conveyor catalogue from MiniTec includes expanded range
- 25/01/2010 - MiniTec compiles reference guide on machine framing system design and applications
- 25/11/2009 - Fast turnaround for Conveyor Systems from MiniTec
- 11/11/2009 - MiniTecs' 2009 brochure shows that excellence is in the detail for machine framing systems
- 06/11/2009 - New MiniTec Profi-Team catalogues provide overview of modular conveyor systems for manufacturing, assembly and inspection lines
- 19/01/2009 - MiniTec UK launches new GFK90 flexible link chain conveyor system
- 09/10/2007 - New stainless steel profile provides durable machine framing system