StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
09 October 2012
Conduant Corporation specializes in designing and manufacturing digital recording and playback subsystems for scientific research, defense/intelligence, aerospace, and instrumentation applications. Based in Longmont, CO, and represented in the UK by Sarsen Technology Ltd, Conduant provides solutions with off-the-shelf products as well as custom design for leading edge applications.The StreamStor® Amazon SATA disk controller represents a dramatic leap in real-time recording and playback disk controller technology for the PCI bus. StreamStor® recorders sustain data rates of up to 800 MB/s from a single board. By using multiple StreamStor® devices you can record at 1 GB/s or more.
The unique approach to moving data direct to disk allows it to take full advantage of the speed of the hardware interface. StreamStor® ensures that every data bit is captured and recorded error-free by the system by dynamically moving data to the hard drive array attached to the system without the overhead of the underlying operating system.
Longer recording duration is achieved by simply replacing existing drives with higher capacity drives. StreamStor® is compatible with off-the-shelf SATA drives including 2.5 inch, 3.5 inch and solid state drives. Drives with capacities up to 2TB are supported with total capacity reaching 32TB. StreamStor® Amazon is the only disk solution that lets you choose from a variety of COTS I/O options or use a wide range of popular interface options such as FPDP, Serial FPDP, FPDP 1 and 2, Camera Link or PCI bus for direct-to-disk recording.
The StreamStor® product line comes in PCI, PXI and PCI Express form factors. Protocols such as SerialLite II are supported as well. Pairing StreamStor® with off-the-shelf digital I/O boards, DSPs, A/D or frame grabbers allows for additional interface options. StreamStor® Amazon provides the industry’s most powerful and flexible data interface system based on Conduant’s unique modular mezzanine architecture.
In addition, StreamStor® Amazon includes features like simultaneous streaming (read/write), data forking, power failure recovery and wrap-mode recording, which have long been standard to meet today’s most demanding applications.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/11/2018 - VersaLogic 'Zebra' Named Top 10 Single Board Computer of 2018
- 14/11/2018 - Sarsen Technology Joins P4 Consortium
- 19/09/2018 - Netcope Technologies Announces the Appointment of Sarsen Technology Ltd as its Exclusive Distributor in the UK and Ireland
- 12/04/2018 - BittWare Announces SmartNIC Shell for 100G NICs
- 12/04/2018 - X-ES Introduces XPedite2570 3U VPX Xilinx UltraScale FPGA Module
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...