Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
17 October 2012
BittWare, the leader in Altera-based FPGA COTS boards are now offering the industry's first 6U VPX board, powered by Altera's 28-nm Stratix® V FPGAs.Designed for high-end applications, the Stratix V provides a high level of system integration and flexibility for I/O, routing, and processing. The new S5-6U-VPX board, available from Sarsen Technology, provides a configurable 48-port multi-gigabit transceiver interface supporting a variety of protocols, including Serial RapidIO, PCI Express, and 10GigE.
Additional I/O interfaces include Ethernet, RS-232, JTAG, and LVDS. The board features up to 8 GB of DDR3 SDRAM as well as Flash memory for booting the FPGAs. When combined with the optional BittWare Anemone FPGA co-processor and the ATLANTiS FrameWork FPGA development kit, the S56X creates a flexible, rugged and efficient solution for high-performance signal processing and data acquisition.
"The Stratix V is an extremely powerful FPGA, providing a tremendous amount of logic, memory, and multipliers, coupled with a large number of multi-gigabit transceivers," stated Ron Huizen, VP of Technology at BittWare. "Providing two of these FPGAs on a proven, fully-validated, VITA 65 OpenVPX COTS platform, with each Stratix V having access to a full FMC site for adaptable I/O and an Anemone co-processor for floating point, as well as the ARM for overall board control, makes for an extremely powerful board ready for deployment."
Features include -
• Two VITA 57 FMC sites for processing and I/O expansion • Two High density Stratix V GX/GS FPGAs • Two Anemone Floating Point Co-processors (optional) • 800 MHz ARM® Cortex™-A8 control processor • 48 multi-gigabit transceivers • Up to 8 GBytes on-board memory • I/O includes: GigE, SerDes, LVDS, JTAG, RS-232 "BittWare and Altera have a long history of working closely together to provide high-performance, reconfigurable FPGA-based COTS boards to the industry," said David Gamba, director of Altera's military and computing business unit.
"By leveraging the Stratix V GS FPGA's floating point DSP blocks, which deliver up to one TeraFLOP of computing performance, combined with the FPGA's low-power, multi-gigabit transceivers and a high-density, high-performance architecture, BittWare's S56X board delivers a rugged and completely flexible signal processing solution capable of driving innovative new capabilities previously unseen in military applications." The S5-6U-VPX board is available now. Contact Sarsen Technology for more details – firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...