How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
20 November 2012
The Fuelcard People are reminding fleet managers that just one simple exercise can not only help save the environment but also save time and money.While many people look at fuel costs and administration when comparing fuel card providers, many overlook potential environmental savings through the elimination of using paper in the fuel procurement process.
Compared to the national average cost of fuel at the pump, fleet managers can expect to save up to 4p a litre, as well as saving admin time by replacing receipts with just one weekly invoice.
Each posted invoice means paper and an envelope, but if all fleet managers decided to receive invoices electronically, it would discontinue the use of tonnes of paper, which wont save the planet alone, but it all helps.
Through their innovative Co² Count emissions monitoring service, The Fuelcard People are the only transport sector company in the fuel card business to be appointed an official partner of Cool Earth, Europe's fastest growing environmental charity, which receives a donation for each Co²Count certificate issued.
The Fuelcard People General Manager, Steve Clarke;
“If everyone printed fewer paper documents, we would not need to fell as many trees. The Fuelcard People are asking every fleet manager to stop and think before printing anything and ask their self if it's really needed on paper. Even reducing printing by half will make a significant difference, as well as halving their paper and ink costs.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 28/06/2013 - Fleet managers: the only way is up
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 01/03/2013 - Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
- 20/02/2013 - Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
- 11/02/2013 - Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
- 01/02/2013 - Fleet managers: summer is on its way
- 29/01/2013 - Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test