Bath Dementia Homes seek the Rainbows end.
10 December 2012
Sirona Care & Health, a social enterprise providing community, health and adult social care in Bath and North East Somerset, has recently introduced a new uniform by Grahame Gardner Ltd, developed specifically for staff in their 3 dedicated Dementia Homes.The result of a year long research and consultation process, these new uniforms unveil a striking new look for staff, comprising of a brightly coloured polo shirt with rainbow collar.
These new uniforms have been designed to incorporate findings from several studies which indicate that the use of bright colours is beneficial to dementia patient care. After working within Dementia Care for 15 years, Support Worker Sue Simms was selected to head up the change in image. She comments:-
“The staff in our homes previously wore traditional clinical garments, however with Dementia Care a different approach is required. These patients need special consideration; we hope that the care home becomes their home. Therefore, we, as the staff, are visitors. Clinical uniforms lead to the patients feeling institutionalised, and our new garments strive to move away from this.
There is a great body of evidence that suggests that bright colours help break down barriers, staff are perceived as more approachable, communication is improved and patients feel more relaxed. Although these garments have only been in use for a relatively short period of time our residents already appear calmer talking about the colours of the uniform and the feedback has been positive.”
Although all of the shirts have the Rainbow Collar, the main body of the garment was available in any one of five colours. Each member of staff was able to select the shirt they preferred, thereby maintaining a cohesive look whilst reflecting their own personalities and individuality. The complementary colours available are; Pink, Purple, Green, Blue and Yellow, and each of these is also used within the collar.
Grahame Gardner turned to their sister company, Gymphlex to fulfil this unusual order. Their flexibility alongside their product sourcing capabilities meant they were best placed to deliver the garment that perfectly fitted the brief.
One of the most distinctive elements on the new garments is the new departmental logo. Developed by a pupil at local secondary school, St Gregory’s Catholic College,Bath this logo depicts the rainbow alongside the Bath landmark of Pulteney Bridge and represents the passage from youth to old age. Grahame Gardner was able to replicate this logo in its original form in embroidery, creating an attractive detail to enhance the garments.
If you would like any further information on Grahame Gardner, or have any unusual uniform requirements please call 0116 255 6326, email email@example.com or take a look at their website, www.grahamegardner.co.uk.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 24/02/2017 - Orangutan Veterinary Aid (OVAID)
- 05/12/2016 - Grahame Gardner goes on tour
- 05/12/2016 - Grahame Gardner joins forces with major association
- 05/12/2016 - You are what you wear? The importance of first impressions in the workplace
- 16/09/2016 - Only the best for Vida!
- 02/09/2016 - Designer dreams
- 02/09/2016 - Grahame Gardner sets the trend with innovative new workwear line
- 02/09/2016 - It only takes a minute: The importance of making a good first impression
- 02/09/2016 - Getting our teeth into the Professional Dentistry Exhibition 2016
- 02/09/2016 - All change at the top as Gary takes the reigns
- 02/09/2016 - Exciting partnership opens up Irish market for Grahame Gardner
- 02/09/2016 - Q&A with Adam Thomas at the Podiatry Society.
- 16/06/2015 - Hard-wearing shoes for the hard-working professional.
- 09/06/2015 - Noel Asmar perfect for Spa professionals
- 03/06/2015 - Hard-wearing shoes for the hard-working professional
- 19/05/2015 - Keeping things topped up and looking tip top at Addenbrooke’s.
- 07/05/2015 - Grahame Gardner launch new performance CSP range
- 16/04/2015 - Noel Asmar and Grahame Gardner team-up in the UK
- 16/03/2015 - Carlton Recruitment launch innovative loyalty scheme with support from Grahame Gardner
- 25/02/2015 - New clinic seeks to give pets the Star treatment
- 12/02/2015 - Grahame Gardner kick off new year with new website
- 12/12/2014 - A Flawless finish from Grahame Gardner
- 13/10/2014 - Paws over Grahame Gardner’s new capsule brochure
- 04/08/2014 - The concise dental range to make you smile
- 24/07/2014 - Capri and Men’s Trousers in Vitality
- 21/07/2014 - Shoe prices to keep your feet on the ground.
- 10/07/2014 - Grahame Gardner prescribes new uniform to vets group
- 15/05/2014 - Scanassure wear allegiance with pride
- 20/02/2014 - Grahame Gardner is Smitten – and you will be too with 20% off*.
- 05/11/2013 - The wait is over as the New Vitality Range is ready
- 08/10/2013 - A professional identity for Somerset Gardens Family Healthcare
- 08/10/2013 - Capri trousers for a chic salonwear look
- 08/10/2013 - Upto 20% discount from Grahame Gardner.
- 23/09/2013 - Incredible stock clearance from Grahame Gardner
- 20/08/2013 - Family run dental surgery injects new Vitality.
- 02/07/2013 - Grahame Gardner offer improved antibacterial protection.
- 01/07/2013 - Myerscough College uses Grahame Gardner.
- 25/06/2013 - Riders shoot for victory in GFORCE.
- 24/05/2013 - Twyford Dental scrub up a treat!
- 30/04/2013 - Grahame Gardner pledge support for Ovarian Cancer Action
- 30/04/2013 - Liking Lilac at Patford House Surgery
- 11/03/2013 - Glasgow hair and beauty salon ‘Enhance’ their image with Grahame Gardner Ltd.
- 11/03/2013 - Bentley West Children’s Centre launch new child-friendly image.
- 11/03/2013 - Practice of the Year wears Urbane.
- 19/02/2013 - Sunkissed and GFORCE – the perfect top to toe partners.
- 29/01/2013 - Scrub up and save money for the new year with the Grahame Gardner deal.
- 18/01/2013 - Uniform is ‘spot-on’ for Cookham Riverside.
- 07/01/2013 - Scrubwear becoming number 1 choice.
- 29/11/2012 - Crazy Golf goes for grown up look with Grahame Gardner
- 05/11/2012 - Grahame Gardner provide uniforms for Nuffield Health
- 13/08/2012 - Grahame Gardner finds their perfect customer.
- 13/08/2012 - Birmingham Mental Health Trust select Grahame Gardner to deliver new identity.
- 13/06/2012 - CSP teams up with Grahame Gardner to offer Member Merchandising
- 15/05/2012 - New look for Dudley Pharmacies.
- 14/05/2012 - Spring has Sprung with 20% discount on Grahame Gardner.
- 16/04/2012 - Jubilee fever hits Grahame Gardner Ltd
- 12/03/2012 - Trailblazing Dental practice invest in Urbane new image.
- 24/02/2012 - Grahame Gardner web portal makes Manchester School of Dentistry smile.
- 04/01/2012 - Grahame Gardner help 6000 students on their way.
- 13/09/2011 - Contract Shopping streamlines uniform process for Teesside University.
- 05/07/2011 - Grahame Gardner win acceptance to NHS framework agreement.
- 04/07/2011 - ISIS embrace Contract Shopping service from Vitality.
- 08/06/2011 - It’s time to get funky!
- 23/03/2011 - Grahame Gardner get the Purple craze.
- 03/03/2011 - Vitality a hit at Professional Beauty 2011.
- 09/02/2011 - Scrubwear range expanded in new Grahame Gardner collection.
- 26/01/2011 - Veterinary Range boosted with the addition of new styles.
- 11/01/2011 - Grahame Gardner take orders from Camp Bastion.
- 11/01/2011 - P918 – a more flexible tunic from Vitality.
- 11/01/2011 - Urbane from Grahame Gardner brightens up the dental practice.
- 04/11/2010 - Care Homes embrace contemporary colour with Urbane
- 11/10/2010 - Grahame Gardner Ltd – part of the authentic Medlink experience.
- 11/10/2010 - New Vitality brochure brings fresh approach to salonwear.
- 05/10/2010 - Dental Range boosted with new contemporary style.
- 13/09/2010 - Grahame Gardner launch new footwear collection
- 07/09/2010 - Grahame Gardner new brochure hits marketplace.
- 24/08/2010 - Veterinary Range boosted with the addition of new styles.
- 06/07/2010 - Grahame Gardner Suits the Budget.
- 06/07/2010 - Urbane & Easiephit Scrub Up Well!
- 08/06/2010 - Grahame Gardner reward their customers with MASSIVE stock sale.
- 04/05/2010 - New Uniforms For Salford PCT
- 07/04/2010 - Uniform becoming a fashion classic
- 24/03/2010 - Grahame Gardner’s improved warehousing speeds up order delivery
- 12/02/2010 - Grahame Gardner Care in the South Birmingham Community.
- 03/02/2010 - Cambodian Dental brings much needed dental care to 1500 children.
- 07/01/2010 - Grahame Gardner scoops another NHS contract
- 15/12/2009 - University Hospitals North Staffordshire make a Purple Point
- 30/11/2009 - Grahame Gardner University package gets top marks