A Perfect Score!
09 January 2013
British Gymnastics select the Posiflex DT-308 Terminal from 4Court Solutions & DED for use with their BG Score SoftwareThe Posiflex DT-308 is being used by British Gymnastics as an integral part of their unique scoring system BG Score. The official scoring system of British Gymnastics, BG Score is used at all major gymnastics events across the UK and at all British championships.
BG Score is an advanced electronic scoring and results service, available for use at any gymnastics event. The most important part of the system alongside the BG Score software is the touchscreen terminal which enables the quick and accurate calculation of each individual gymnasts score. Judges input their score using a “Power over Ethernet” (PoE) networked keypad linked to the touchscreen terminal and once all the scores have been entered, the final score is displayed via 42” three-sided scoreboard displays ensuring that the audience, athletes and officials all see the final score for each gymnast immediately.
Once the scores have been displayed, the BG Score software generates a printed score slip automatically so that judges can review the score breakdown. IP telephones also facilitate the communication process and there are video cameras linked to the system so that each routine can be played back via the touchscreen terminal if necessary. All of the results for each event are instantly displayed on the British Gymnastics website and also sent to the ‘BG Mobile’ smartphone App.
Having spent 10 years developing the BG Score software in house, British Gymnastics decided it was time to introduce a new element into the system to make sure they continued to get the most from it – a new and more flexible touchscreen terminal was required. British Gymnastics contacted 4Court Solutions for advice on the most suitable terminal for the job. Having worked together on previous projects successfully, both parties were keen to continue the relationship.
The footprint and weight of any terminal being introduced into the system was the real issue on this project. With events all over the UK, any new items needed to be easily transportable. The Posiflex DT-308 was quickly identified as the perfect terminal for the job; light, compact and with a built in keyboard, it got a perfect score from all the judges on the panel.
On selecting the Posiflex DT-308, Ben Willcox, Event Technology Manager at British Gymnastics commented “We chose this terminal primarily because of its size and specification. As we travel around the UK a great deal, we are subject to many size and weight restrictions. The DT-308 is perfect for us and the heavy duty carry cases DED supplied alongside them have made transportation so much easier”.
Ben goes on to say “We may also need to stream HD video via the screen at some point in the future, so we opted for the dual core processor on the DT-308 to ensure we had the extra power to facilitate this. The UPS was also a really important feature for us. There are so many cables under the judge’s tables that we needed to be sure we had a back up power source in case one of the power cables to a terminal gets kicked out by mistake!”
The Posiflex DT-308 was recently used at the 2012 Gymnastics World Cup in Glasgow. The event took place in front of a capacity crowd at the brand new Emirates Arena, which saw 16 of the world’s top male and female gymnasts battling it out to be crowned number one. With just eight competitors in each category, tension was high as every individual score could have a substantial impact on the final standings. The successful event was topped off by a bronze medal for Britain’s Daniel Purvis.
British Gymnastics provides a national directive and structure for the sport; delivering a range of opportunities across the age spectrum to take part and stay in gymnastics, as well as developing talent and delivering top-level success. British Gymnastics is proud to be the UK Governing Body for the sport of Gymnastics. They exist to support, lead and inspire all those involved or interested in Gymnastics.
4Court Solutions, established in 2006 to utilise the principal’s over 25 years’ experience in sourcing customer solutions and manufacturing products in the Far East specialises in supplying high-quality products and services to customers and partners across the UK and Europe. Dedicated to providing a cost-effective and efficient service, 4Court Solutions work across a range of industry sectors including Technology, Telecommunications, Retail, Leisure, Automotive, Wholesale, Banking and Public Sector, delivering a range of sales and marketing services as well as providing International Product Sourcing, Account Management, Consultancy, Specialist Product Supply and Stop Gap Supply Management. 4Court Solutions are committed to utilising best-in-class partners, suppliers and processes and have established relationships with a number of key service providers and partners to allow them to be flexible in their service delivery to customers.
The Posiflex DT-308 is a mini sized, fully functional, quiet FanFree POS Register, suitable for all types of applications including retail and hospitality. Although small, the DT series is perfectly formed offering the efficiency of a much larger system. The DT series boasts 4 serial ports, 1 LAN, 1 cash drawer port and PS/2 ports for external keyboard and mouse. With a built-in programmable keyboard and touch or non-touch screen the Posiflex DT series saves even more counter space than most registers currently on the market. A built-in UPS functionality ensures the terminal keeps running when others fail. The DT Terminal series offers a choice of Windows, Linux or DOS support worldwide.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/12/2015 - A New Edge in Barcode Reading – DED Enter Partnership Agreement with Newland-ID
- 14/08/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 07/07/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 01/05/2015 - Going Wild!
- 12/02/2015 - Food For Thought - The Jamie Oliver Group Choose to Support Breast Cancer Research with the Datacard SD260 ID Card Printer
- 11/06/2014 - Mobile Point of Sale (MPOS)
- 24/05/2013 - Ergonomic Solutions and DED Limited Sign Distribution Agreement
- 12/04/2013 - Going for Gold!
- 10/04/2013 - Eye On The Ball
- 11/03/2013 - Just What the Doctor Ordered
- 22/01/2013 - DED at the Retail Business Technology Expo 2013
- 22/01/2013 - Supporting A Worthy Cause
- 20/09/2012 - Lottery Winner!
- 16/05/2012 - The Ultimate Card Printer
- 12/03/2012 - DED Ltd Announces Distribution Agreement with Evolis
- 21/02/2012 - Touch n’ Go
- 09/11/2011 - That’s Entertainment!
- 10/08/2011 - Kiosk London EXPO 19th – 20th October 2011 DED Limited, Stand Number 6
- 27/07/2011 - Fast Learners!
- 18/05/2011 - Small but Perfectly Formed
- 04/05/2011 - Mobile Printing with Star Portable Printers from DED
- 19/04/2011 - Trip the Light Fantastic!
- 22/02/2011 - Compact and Easy to Integrate – the Axiohm KP Series of Kiosk Printers from DED Limited
- 18/10/2010 - CEX Specify Hardware from DED in all their Retail Outlets
- 14/12/2009 - DED launch Nippon kiosk printer
- 24/11/2009 - New Zebra ZXP Series 8 Re-transfer Card Printer from DED
- 09/11/2009 - Read all about it
- 16/10/2009 - Right on Queue
- 14/10/2009 - A colourful story from DED
- 18/09/2009 - Compact & fan free touch screen terminals from DED
- 24/08/2009 - DEDicated to Printing on thick paper
- 14/08/2009 - The Star Micronics TSP700II Printer from DED enables high speed visitor passes
- 27/07/2009 - DED launch environmentally friendly ID cards and accessories
- 13/07/2009 - Bureau printing from DED
- 01/07/2009 - Cyclone Industries select the Posiflex JIVA 5815 from DED
- 15/06/2009 - DED PAWRS for thought
- 26/05/2009 - Sens' n Print eco-friendly ticket solutions from DED
- 11/05/2009 - The Axiohm KMGA Kiosk Printer from DED
- 07/05/2009 - Quick cards with QuickCard from Zebra
- 27/04/2009 - Intellident Selects Star Micronics TUP900
- 03/04/2009 - Zebra prints fridge magnets for Zoo Animal Adoption Programme
- 25/03/2009 - DED to exhibit Zebra at IFSEC
- 23/03/2009 - New Slimline Kiosk Printer Option from DED
- 02/03/2009 - DED ID Cards secure Hempstead House Hotel
- 12/12/2008 - The NP3511-JP and NP3411-JB Kiosk Printers from DED
- 08/12/2008 - Retainagroup Combat Car Theft with the Help of DED
- 17/11/2008 - Game, Set & Match for Posiflex Terminals
- 10/11/2008 - Security Options for Zebra, P330i and P430i Printers
- 01/09/2008 - DED launches New PoS Touchscreens
- 29/08/2008 - DED Offer the Complete EPoS Hardware Solution with DEDPoS Retail