Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
29 January 2013
Businesses have been shown how to find the best way to cut fuel costs, with ‘Six Golden Rules’ produced by The Fuelcard People.Steve Clarke, general manager, said;
“Companies who know that fuel cards cut costs may not realise that fuel cards are not all the same. It makes a difference which one they choose, and with some suppliers offering similar cards, picking the right provider can be vital.”
Steve identified ‘Six Golden Rules’ for companies to remember when choosing a fuel card supplier;
- Expect savings of up to 4p per litre on national average pump prices. Avoid any fuel card which does not offer discounts.
- Expect a choice of five or more cards. Avoid those suppliers offering just one or two cards, who can not give truly impartial advice on the best card to meet your specific needs.
- Expect a dedicated, named account handler who always takes your call. Avoid any supplier who wants you to queue for a random call centre operator who knows nothing about your business.
- Expect regular reports, with customised alarms for fast notification of abnormal card use. Avoid any supplier who does not offer 24/7 online access to your account details.
- Expect every individual card to be tied to a specific driver or vehicle, making it useless to anyone else if lost or stolen. Avoid any supplier whose cards are worth stealing.
- Expect access to a large, nationwide branded network, such as BP, Esso, Shell or Texaco. Avoid any supplier who says that being able to refuel at any garage is more important than discounts.
“The first Golden Rule is common sense. If your aim is to reduce fuel costs, you clearly have to avoid any fuel card that does not offer discounts. The last Golden Rule may be less obvious, but being able to refuel everywhere is only worth having if you think that major brand garages are hard to find. Finally, if a supplier is not prepared to let you always deal with the same account handler, that will tell you a lot about their attitude to customer service.”
In conclusion, Steve sent an invitation to businesses;
“Call us on 0844 870 6942, and ask questions. We will answer your queries about savings, service, security, free credit, easy VAT recovery and more. Then you can make up your own mind.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 28/06/2013 - Fleet managers: the only way is up
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 01/03/2013 - Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
- 20/02/2013 - Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
- 11/02/2013 - Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
- 01/02/2013 - Fleet managers: summer is on its way
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 20/11/2012 - How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test