Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
20 February 2013
Allstar Fuel Card Services says that its customers should find another supplier if they do not like the unexpected cost burden of the new £2 'network service fee,' being added to every refuelling transaction.Jakes de Kock, who heads marketing for both Allstar and its sister, The Fuelcard Company, told Fleet News: "Some customers are not going to be happy and they are obviously welcome to go to another fuel-buying solution.”
His comment did not surprise James Richmond, general manager of The Fuelcard People, who said: “Reports in the press and on social networking sites indicate that their customers have had to queue for calls to be answered and then are dealt with by temporary staff with little knowledge or understanding of the issues. With this ‘like it or lump it’ attitude to customers, it is no surprise that they appear to have so many disillusioned customers.”
Fleet News recently revealed that some Allstar customers were waiting in call centre queues for more than 30 minutes during the height of data migration problems. Its website was also reported as inaccessible during this critical period. Allstar’s call centre traffic is said to have grown dramatically in recent months as customers try to deal with a new online accounting system and the new £2 transaction fee. This is exacerbated by the fact that Allstar customers do not seem to have a dedicated permanent account manager.
James Richmond was surprised by the warning to customers who consider leaving Allstar. “Mr. de Kock is quoted as telling his departing customers to, ‘look at what the impact will be on their business, on their fleet and on their drivers,’ if they change fuel cards,” said James Richmond. “We have always found it straightforward, at The Fuelcard People to get a new customer up and running quickly.”
“That means,” he said, “going from a check of every major fuel brand to find the best combination of service, savings and security for a customer’s specific needs, through to delivering cards to as many locations as necessary. It includes setting up 24/7 access to our market-leading eServices account management system and, of course, introducing the customer to their dedicated account manager and named back-up. And all without the need for a £2 transaction charge.”
The Fuelcard People has grown in revenue, profit and staffing every year since it was created in 2008. It offers an unbeaten choice of fuel cards, covering every major fuel brand, welcomed at thousands of forecourts nationwide, from motorways to supermarkets. It continues to lead the industry in service quality, being uniquely certified to ISO 9002 and allocating every customer, whatever its size, their own named account manager.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 28/06/2013 - Fleet managers: the only way is up
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 01/03/2013 - Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
- 11/02/2013 - Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
- 01/02/2013 - Fleet managers: summer is on its way
- 29/01/2013 - Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 20/11/2012 - How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test