Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
01 March 2013
James Richmond, General Manager of The Fuelcard People, has advised Fleet Managers not to tolerate "call centre syndrome" from fuel card suppliers.James Richmond, General Manager, The Fuelcard People;
“Fleets are not all the same and suppliers should understand individual business requirements, but that rarely happens with fuel card companies. New customers regularly tell us that their previous suppliers expected them to queue for a random call centre operator whenever they had an account query. If the person taking your call has never heard of you, how can they possibly understand your business?”
Every customer opening an account with The Fuelcard People is assigned a dedicated account manager, with a named back-up to cover holidays. It means that the customer always speaks to the same person, who soon comes to know them and understand their needs.
James Richmond advised that a supplier’s approach to customer service should be a key element in choosing a fuel card supplier. He said;
“The most important factor has to be cost savings, so any potential fuel card supplier should cover every major fuel brand, but customer service is almost as vital. A manager is too busy to explain their business to a random operator every time they call a supplier. If a fuel card company will not let you call the same person every time, ask yourself how much you really matter to them.”
He identified other key considerations for businesses as including the availability and scope of full management information;
“You should be able to examine your account whenever you want,” he said, “with the ability to download customised reports straight into your standard office packages. You should be able to see transactions before they are invoiced and you should be notified immediately of any unusual refuelling activity.”
James invited fleet managers to contact The Fuelcard People;
“If you don’t like call centre syndrome, don’t accept it. Not only will we assign you a named account manager immediately, I bet that we can find a better package of benefits than you already have.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 28/06/2013 - Fleet managers: the only way is up
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 20/02/2013 - Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
- 11/02/2013 - Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
- 01/02/2013 - Fleet managers: summer is on its way
- 29/01/2013 - Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 20/11/2012 - How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test