4imprint Blue Paper helps protect business, branding and employees
14 March 2013
The latest Blue Paper from corporate identity experts 4imprint, explains how to write a Social Media Policy to protect your business, your brand and your employees.Social media and the law is the hot topic of the moment with land-mark cases going through the courts relating to business, politics and the world of celebrity on a continuous basis.
Given the prevalence of hand-held devices with almost instant access to the internet and social media the aim of this Blue Paper is to stress to employers the importance of taking the lead and producing clear guidelines for their staff of what is and is not acceptable.
The Paper outlines why every company needs at least one social media policy, offers a ‘do's and don'ts’ checklist of points to consider when writing a policy as well as the benefits of working together as a team to produce a policy that will empower rather than stifle employees.
4imprint UK and Ireland Marketing Manager, Cheryl Jackson-Leafield;
“When staff are given easy-to-follow guidelines about what can and can’t be posted online it removes confusion and grey areas. Once the guidelines are in place, the incredible power of positive online engagement with clients and contacts in ‘real time’ can be realised.”
Throughout, the Paper offers a variety of ‘best practice’ examples from big name corporations such as the BBC, Walmart and IBM and concludes that once written the policy needs to be reviewed on a regular basis and any changes in legislation or best practise are incorporated.
How to Write a Social Media Policy to Protect Your Business, Your Brand and Your Employees is available as a free download here.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/10/2014 - Managing Knowledge, latest Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 07/02/2014 - New 4imprint infographic details how interns can help organisations grow
- 17/10/2013 - Working Remotely: Managing the Virtual Office, new Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 01/10/2013 - Coaching Leaders - A guide to Executive Coaching from 4imprint
- 18/09/2013 - How to Achieve Trade Show Success - the new Infographic from 4imprint
- 13/08/2013 - Planning Great Events, Virtually, Anywhere, latest Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 16/07/2013 - New 4imprint Infographic - Online Branding: Tips for Small Businesses
- 12/07/2013 - The Business of Blogging, latest Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 26/06/2013 - How Charities can make the most of their marketing budgets
- 25/06/2013 - How Charities can boost their profile & fundraising efforts
- 30/05/2013 - Building a Brand Online: A Guide to Success is the latest Blue Paper available from 4imprint
- 16/05/2013 - Corporate Volunteering - Developing your Workforce and Strengthening the Team, new Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 29/04/2013 - Managing Time: How to increase personal productivity
- 20/03/2013 - Social Media for Business – Getting ahead with Facebook and LinkedIn, the latest Blue Paper available from 4imprint
- 14/03/2013 - 4imprint’s promotional product range continues to grow
- 21/02/2013 - New 4imprint infographic offers a guide to marketing planning
- 21/01/2013 - Personality Assessments under the spotlight
- 02/01/2013 - Creating a Career Map, latest Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 12/11/2012 - The Changing Face of PR Today, 4imprint presents latest Blue Paper
- 24/10/2012 - New 4imprint infographic demonstrates effectiveness of promotional products
- 23/10/2012 - "Becoming a Compelling Storyteller", new Blue Paper from 4imprint
- 28/09/2012 - Appreciate, reward and more with 4imprint expanded corporate gift range
- 24/09/2012 - A Beginner’s Guide to Marketing Planning, 4imprint presents latest Blue Paper
- 19/09/2012 - New infographic from 4imprint helps increase marketing effectiveness
- 18/09/2012 - Building a Referral Network, new Blue Paper available from 4imprint
- 03/09/2012 - 4imprint’s Promotional Products range just keeps on growing
- 12/03/2012 - New best sellers range from 4imprint
- 27/02/2012 - 4imprint Blue Paper tackles top 10 issues facing business
- 17/02/2012 - Promotional products & corporate gifts by 4imprint UK