New UV Pyrometry Technology from the Industry’s Temperature Sensing Leader.
10 April 2013
LumaSense Technologies Introduces Groundbreaking Temperature Sensing Solution for Unparalleled Yield Improvement and Efficiency Gains for MOCVD Processes for LED Production.SANTA CLARA, Calif., December 5, 2012 - LumaSense Technologies, Inc. released the UV 400 and UVR 400 pyrometers, the newest generation of non-contact temperature measurement instrumentation for Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) processes in the rapidly growing LED industry.
LED’s are on a trajectory to take over as the primary source in the $60 billion lighting industry by 2020, and are a key enabler in displays for mobile devices, televisions and other products in the growing $1.2 trillion electronics industry. The UV 400 and UVR 400 are in a unique position to help manufacturers using MOCVD improve efficiency and reduce waste in their LED manufacturing process.
Using a center wavelength in the UV spectrum (400 nm) these pyrometers make it possible to measure real wafer surface temperature, while traditional pyrometers are only able to measure the susceptor/pocket temperature under the wafer. This allows the most accurate and repeatable control of the wafer temperature which e.g. in LED production is critical to the final product wavelength and manufacturing yields.
The wide temperature range of 650 to 1300 °C allows for measurement of various applications such as GaN buffer layer growth or multiple quantum well growth. The fast response time of up to 8 ms allows the measurement of fast processes. True photon-counting instrumentation guarantees the best achievable signal to noise ratio and stability.
In addition to the UV 400 pyrometer, the UVR 400 features a 635 nm Laser Reflectometer, which enables the real-time measurement of the thickness and growth rate of the GaN layer during epitaxy growth.
“With an 8,000+ system-installed base in the semiconductor industry and a nearly 2,000 MOCVD tool-installed base, LumaSense is without doubt a leader in temperature instrumentation in this industry,” said Brett Sargent , Vice President and General Manager, Products & Solutions, LumaSense Technologies Inc. “The UV 400 and UVR 400 are now setting a new standard for MOCVD measurement all around the world as the instruments have proven to provide temperature measurements with reliable correlation between the measured process temperature and the final product wavelength. This will result in unparalleled yield gains and efficiency improvements for our customers.”
The UV 400 and UVR 400 can also be combined with the well-proven PhotriX pyrometer with concentric lightpipe from LumaSense to additionally control the reactor temperature. Either the UV
400 and UVR 400 alone, or in combination with the PhotriX pyrometer, provide the best possible measuring data and process control solution, as well as the best product quality and improved yield.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 15/01/2016 - Happy New Year!
- 13/10/2015 - LumaSense Celebrates 10th Anniversary and 57+ Years in the Sensing Industry
- 13/10/2015 - LumaSense Introduces the World’s First Industrial Grade 2-Color Infrared Pyrometer with Thermal Imaging Capabilities
- 13/10/2015 - LumaSense PULSAR 4 for Condition Based Monitoring of Petrochemical Combustion Vessels
- 13/10/2015 - LumaSense Technologies provides Professional Solutions for the Global Energy Market
- 23/09/2015 - Lumasense Technologies 10 Years Anniversary
- 15/05/2015 - We invite you for a visit at our stand for a chat and a live demonstration!
- 27/11/2014 - Big Data - Resolving the Power Transformer Dilemma
- 03/09/2014 - LumaSense Technologies – World Class Sensing Solutions for Global Markets
- 08/10/2012 - LumaSense’s Newest Online DGA Monitor Provides Early Warning Diagnostics to Prevent Transformer Failures
- 08/10/2012 - LumaSense Develops New Thermal Imaging Camera Platform for Industrial Monitoring
- 08/10/2012 - Newest LumaSense Pyrometer Provides Higher Accuracy in Harsh, High-Temperature Environments
- 08/10/2012 - LumaSense Releases Highly Accurate and Reliable Pyrometer for Increased Control and Optimization of Manufacturing Processes
- 08/06/2009 - IMPAC Infrared Launch new range of Thermal Imaging Cameras
- 02/04/2009 - Impac Infrared launches new Thermal Imaging Camera
- 02/04/2009 - Impac now offers full range of MIKRON Infrared Portable Thermal Imaging Cameras
- 05/03/2009 - New MikroSHOT Thermal Imaging Camera from IMPAC Infrared
- 13/01/2009 - Impac Infrared addresses Thermal Imaging limitations