Earth Testing made Easy
17 July 2008
Megger have launched a more convenient testing solution to measure the resistence of earth.
Earth testing measures the level of conductivity of the earth. Large earth system testing is crucial for the protection of the electricity supply network and enables power companies to check that fault current will trigger protective devices to operate correctly- therefore reducing the danger of excessive voltages developing. When conductivity is measured, testers are looking for low level of conductivity to class a power supply as safe.
Megger have developed a range of digital earth testers that are powered by rechargeable batteries as well as versions with variable test frequency. Megger have also increased the maximum resistance that can be measured by the earth tester by ten fold for all models.
The Meggar range of earth testers are capable of measuring the most demanding application requiring maximum versatility. The new DET4TC2 by Megger is charged by standard AA batteries and the DET4TCR2 which uses rechargeable batteries (and has an integral charger, supplied complete with a mains adaptor) can support two, three or four pole testing as well as Attached Rod Technique (ART) stakeless, leakage current and earth noise voltage measurement.
You are also able to select the test frequency from 94Hz, 105Hz, 111Hz and 128Hz allowing further flexibility.
Also available are the new DET4TD2 and DET4TR2 testers, the former being designed for use with replaceable batteries, the latter with rechargeable cells. Fully supporting the most popular earth resistance test methods – two-, three- and four-pole testing – these very competitively priced instruments are an ideal choice for use where the exceptional versatility of the DET4TC models is not needed.
Meggar commented that they are now finding that more and more large sized electrical contractors are using the new range of earth testers due to the new range’s improved versatility
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth