Carbon Monoxide Sensors for Domestic Applications.
10 June 2013
Figaro Engineering Inc. of Japan, have announced their latest gas sensor development ----the TGS5000 series of battery operable electrochemical sensors for Carbon Monoxide. Figaro offers two models--the long life sensor TGS5042, and the compact size sensor TGS5342.The sensors give excellent stability, by using Figaro’s patented very low concentration of a mixed/prepared alkaline electrolyte comprising KOH, KHCO3, and K2CO3.
With this weak alkaline electrolyte, no significant damage to the electrodes occurs in long term operation despite having only two electrodes. By optimizing the sensor’s internal structure, the evaporation speed of the water reservoir has been minimized. As a result, expected sensor life has been extended to 7 years and 10 years* for TGS5342 and 5042, respectively. - Using individual sensitivity data shown on the sensor body, gas calibration can be skipped.
* Linear relationship between CO gas concentration and sensor output * Meets UL2034, EN50291, EN50545-1 ISO/FDIS7240-8 and RoHS
Full Information available from UK Agents and Distributors; Omni Sensors and Transmitters Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org 01926 614263
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/03/2015 - Infrared gas detector modules
- 16/03/2015 - Flow Measurement in Compressed Air and Gas
- 30/05/2014 - Multifunctional Handheld Instrument
- 30/05/2014 - EE160 Humidity Transmitter manufactured by E+E Elektronik GmbH
- 03/12/2009 - Omni anounce new contract won by E+E