uPASS Access - The Smallest Revolution in Access Control
10 June 2013
The recently released and IFSEC Award nominated, uPASS Access from Nedap, is now available in the UK via access control and parking manufacturer, Nortech.uPASS Access is a small UHF (Ultra high-frequency) reader that reads normal, battery-free access tags at distances of up to 2 metres. It is the perfect solution for doors that require both security and accessibility, where hands-free access is necessary, or convenient. Popular applications include; warehouse doors, high volume entrances, hospital entrances, lab clean-rooms and disabled access.
Nedap’s innovative reader has already been well received and this has been confirmed with its nomination in the ‘Access Control Product of the Year’, at the 2013 IFSEC awards.
The small yet powerful reader operates using combi-cards (combination). That is, a passive UHF card that also supports a traditional card technology; such as HiD, Legic, Mifare and EM standards.
The uPASS Access can be integrated with virtually any access control platform. Rod Munn, Nortech’s General Manager comments, ‘I’ve been really impressed with the performance of the uPASS Access ever since we received our first prototype. Having a reliable hands-free reader option in our access control range adds yet another dimension to our customer offering; one that could prove invaluable.’
Many previous hands-free readers included large antennas and involved proprietary technology, which were often the arguments against long-range RFID for building and door access. The uPASS Access overcomes these problems with its patented built-in antenna. And, with its ultra-small design, defies what customers previously assumed possible.
You can get your hands on the uPASS Access and test its capabilities for yourself at IFSEC 2013 on the Nedap AVI stand - Hall 4 Stand B60.
For more information beforehand, details are available on the Nortech website: http://www.nortechcontrol.com/access-control/readers-and-id-devices/upass-access-hands-free-reader.aspx
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/03/2018 - Nortech to demonstrate products at upcoming show
- 06/03/2018 - Nortech parking systems improve efficiency at Tewkesbury Hospital
- 22/02/2018 - 2018 sees expansion and development at Nortech
- 16/01/2018 - Nortech launches ADI Poster campaign for New Year
- 15/08/2017 - Nortech partners with ADI Global Distribution
- 25/07/2017 - Nortech Control System expands its distribution sales channel.
- 21/06/2017 - Nortech Joins AMAG Technology’s Symmetry™ Preferred Partner Program
- 26/05/2017 - Nortech Control System collaborates with Digital Factors to provide Access Control Solutions to Middle East Market
- 11/11/2016 - Nortech is pleased to strengthen its UK presence with the appointment of Pro-Vision Distribution Ltd as an official Distribution Partner.
- 18/03/2016 - Nortech Announces Exceptional Norpass3 Upgrade for a Seamless Integration With ANPR
- 30/04/2015 - HD number plate reading offers convenient long-range identification
- 17/03/2015 - Norpass3 Controls Access at Renewable Energy Plant
- 10/06/2013 - Nortech Nominated for Best Software
- 21/02/2013 - Nortech – More Accommodating than Ever
- 08/11/2011 - Affordable Handsfree Access
- 02/08/2011 - Nortech and iEvo - That's Integration
- 11/05/2011 - Take a moment that can save you hours
- 12/04/2011 - Glenmorangie Singles out Norpass3