Fused Night Vision to be demonstrated in Night Tunnel at DSEi 2013
24 June 2013
Thermoteknix’ ClipIR, creating ground-breaking fused night vision, will be demonstrated in their dedicated Night Tunnel at DSEi 2013.ClipIR attaches onto Night Vision Image Intensifiers (I2) to combine thermal imaging with image intensification for fused night vision in low light and complete darkness. Fused night vision technology is the new standard for civil and military operations, to give 24 hour operational capability. Fused I2 and thermal technology is ideal for dusk to night, heavy cloud, forest/jungle and inside buildings as well as well-lit night time urban environments when overamplification of light sources (e.g. car headlamps/streetlights) causes I2 devices to fail (see illustrations below).
The Night Tunnel built on Thermoteknix stand (S3-230, UK Group Pavilion) provides DSEi 2013 visitors with first-hand experience of ClipIR’s performance in real-life night-time conditions. Mil Spec ClipIR is unique in its 40° Field of View that matches that of the I2 for maximum situational awareness in all conditions and is available with a range of brackets to fit most industry standard monocular and binocular Night Vision devices including PVS 7, PVS 14 and PVS 15.
British company Thermoteknix Systems Ltd is one of the world’s leading innovators and manufacturers of thermal imaging technology including the MicroCAMTM range of ultra miniature, lightweight and very low power thermal camera cores and TiCAM® thermal imaging binoculars. These will also be demonstrated on the Booth S3-230 at DSEI. The Defence & Security Equipment International (DSEi) 2013 will be held in London, ExCeL, 10 – 13 September 2013. DSEi is the world’s largest Defence & Security exhibition. Thermoteknix MIRICLE® & MicroCAMTM based products are not subject to US ITAR control but may require UK export licence depending on the end-user country and specification.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/09/2014 - Wildlife through the lens: Thermoteknix cameras on loan to National Media Museum
- 02/09/2014 - Cutting Edge Thermal Imaging Technology to be presented at Africa Aerospace & Defence, South Africa and LandForces, Australia
- 07/03/2014 - Fused Night Vision demonstrated in Night Tunnel at Eurosatory 2014
- 19/02/2014 - Cutting Edge Thermal Imaging Technology at DSA 2014 and SOFEX 2014
- 13/12/2013 - Powerful Anti-Poaching Device: TiCAM 750 Thermal Imaging Binoculars
- 24/10/2013 - Thermoteknix team with Kent Periscopes in new Sabre Ti Gunner/Commander’s sight