Cobalt and Witt Unite
01 August 2008
Witt teams up with Cobalt Conveyors to offer turnkey full tautomated leak detection.
Witt, the gas safety, control, mixing and analysis equipment supplier has teamed up with conveyor supplier, Cobalt Conveyor Ltd based in Southport, Lancashire to provide supply turnkey solutions to retrofitting Witt automatic in-line micro-leak detection systems into existing and new food and pharmaceutical Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) lines.
Witt’s latest in-line CO2 based leak detection system is the LEAK-MASTER® MAPMAX, which is a non-destructive system capable of finding the smallest of leaks using a highly sensitive sensor with a measuring range from 0 – 5,000 ppm and a response time of approximately 1 second, directly from the packaging line. It can operate at speeds up to 15 cycles per minute and can test either single packages or complete cases of products.
Cobalt Conveyors Ltd is a new company formed in early 2008 providing conveyor solutions from concept to completion for all forms of material handling. This can be either the simple replacement of a roller, a small one-off conveyor or the complete design and installation of a full turnkey system. A complete conveyor system can incorporate the integration of additional pieces of equipment, palletisers, shrink wrap machines, robotic pick and place systems, leak detection equipment and coding systems, to provide a full ‘turnkey’ solution.
Carl Long, General Manager at Witt said: “Our agreement with Cobalt Conveyors allows us to offer and integrate a bespoke belt conveyor system with our leak detection equipment, enabling us to take a product from a packaging line through our leak detection system and returning the same product to the line or rejecting it if a leak is found. Cobalt conveyor systems provide added value to our products and a complete turnkey solution for packaging companies needing to install leak detection systems as part of their quality control programmes.”
Simon Turner, Managing Director at Cobalt Conveyors said: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with Witt. As a solutions provider, Cobalt strives to develop relationships with companies that offer complementary, but not competitive products and services. Our clients will be able to view this partnership as a ‘one stop shop’ for bespoke, tailored systems that fulfill their every requirement.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 09/04/2010 - Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 07/01/2010 - Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 01/09/2009 - Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 10/07/2009 - "3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 22/05/2009 - Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 27/03/2009 - Witt appoints new service technician
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER