Stainless Steel Worktops, Sinktops, Doors an Splashbacks
19 July 2013
GEC Anderson’s stainless steel worktops, sinktops, doors and splashbacks have been chosen for the modern Café Bar at The Hepworth Wakefield art gallery in West Yorkshire, for their contemporary and accurate appearance as well as their hygienic qualities associated with food service.The stunning building is formed of ten different sized trapezoidal blocks constructed using pigmented, self-compacting concrete and was recently listed in The Times ‘Top 50 Galleries in the World’.
The continuous stainless steel worktop installed behind the main serving counter of the Café Bar incorporates sinks, plinth, cupboards doors and splashbacks, all in brushed satin stainless steel. With no joins at the sink or upstands, it provides the perfect solution for areas of food preparation because stainless steel is inherently hygienic and easy to clean.
The worktop area needed to be hard wearing as it is in constant use. Estates Manager for The Hepworth Wakefield, Roy Taylor said: “GEC Anderson stainless steel worktops sit well in this contemporary environment. They have been in-situ for over two years now and are still as good as the day they were installed.”
The stainless steel worktop not only provides staff with a durable preparation surface, but also a place to house coffee machines and display cold drinks.
As these items are on permanent view to visitors, David Chipperfield Architects were particularly keen to ensure the correct overall impression and detailing associated with the back bar components.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 12/09/2017 - GEC Anderson Stainless Steel For New Omagh Hospital & Primary Care Complex
- 05/06/2017 - GEC Anderson ‘Series A’ Sinks Steal The Show
- 05/06/2017 - Exciting New Wet Zones from GEC Anderson
- 05/06/2017 - GEC Anderson introduces SolidTop™ 6.0
- 05/06/2017 - Top Kit from GEC Anderson For New Community Centre
- 30/10/2015 - Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...
- 30/10/2015 - Top Kit from GEC Anderson For New Community Centre
- 10/11/2014 - Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall...
- 13/10/2014 - Top Kit from GEC Anderson For New Community Centre
- 02/07/2014 - Gec Anderson sanitaryware 'scrubs up' well at terminal 5
- 02/07/2014 - Boss raises profile of GEC Anderson worktops
- 02/07/2014 - Top vets pick GEC Anderson sinktops for new pet clinic
- 02/07/2014 - GEC Anderson's Decimetric Range Reaches New Heights
- 01/07/2014 - GEC Anderson makes a stainless steelcase
- 01/07/2014 - GEC Anderson for Art's Sake
- 01/07/2014 - GEC Anderson Sinktops Complement Museum's New look
- 30/06/2014 - Top Kit from GEC Anderson For New Community Centre
- 30/06/2014 - GEC Anderson introduces ‘Series A’ Sinks
- 30/06/2014 - GEC Anderson introduces SolidTop™ 6.0
- 11/03/2013 - GEC Anderson is 50 years young!
- 08/10/2012 - GEC Anderson Contribution to New Art Facility at Stowe School
- 28/06/2012 - Bernard Leach Pottery Studio Restoration
- 28/06/2012 - GEC Anderson Stainless Steel gives schools a classy finish
- 28/06/2012 - GEC Anderson's rugged new Basin beats tough environments
- 28/06/2012 - GEC Anderson edges ahead with Anti-Drip Worktop profile
- 28/06/2012 - GEC Anderson Bowls a change for the better
- 21/06/2012 - 55 Gee Street, London - HER MAJESTY’S SERVICE
- 21/06/2012 - GEC Anderson sinktops provide design flexibility at art gallery learning studio
- 21/06/2012 - Contemporary Industrial feel Kitchen for Branksome Park area of Poole.
- 21/06/2012 - Stainless steel shines at the Beaney Centre
- 21/06/2012 - GEC Anderson stainless steel is Salt of the Earth
- 08/06/2011 - Welcome to STEEL TALK!
- 20/06/2008 - A Steel Job for Famous Pottery Studio
- 29/06/2007 - GEC Anderson for arts' sake
- 29/06/2007 - GEC Anderson stainless steel tops for new teapoints
- 29/06/2007 - Boss raises profile of GEC Anderson worktops