Touch and Go!
22 July 2013
C-Tec's ZFP Touchscreen Fire Panels up and Running at New Retirement VillageA network of C-TEC’s state-of-the-art ZFP touchscreen-controlled analogue addressable fire panels have been installed at a new £6M retirement village in Bury, Lancashire.
Red Bank Extra Care Scheme consists of 38 spacious apartments, each with their own living area, kitchen and bathroom, and also a restaurant, health treatment room, spa and hairdressing salon. Three of C-TEC’s powerful new ZFP panels are now in operation at the facility, and link to over 600 optical smoke detectors, multi-sensors and loop powered sounders.
With their striking full-colour touchscreen interfaces, C-TEC’s ZFPs are renowned for their accessibility and user-friendliness. The panels also link to Red Bank’s 24-hour warden call system. If a panel detects a fire condition in one of the apartments, the fire alarm system will dial up the warden to alert them to the possibility of fire.
A short delay has been programmed into each panel to avoid false alarms. Therefore, should a device activate accidentally, the alarm can be investigated before the system goes into full alarm.
The powerful system also controls the building’s front doors and external gates. Therefore, in the event of a real fire, these will open automatically after the alarm has gone off for a certain amount of time to let the fire brigade into the grounds. The ZFP’s sophisticated memory logs every single event and this could prove vital should a fire cause an injury that warrants future investigation.
As the ZFP’s modular design allows systems to be built up to suit any site, Red Bank’s 19-zone system has been tailored to meet the exact needs of the modern three-storey facility. The versatility of the system also means that future expansion will pose no problem.
Said Graham Bell of Solid State, the specialist electrical installation company that completed the project: “From an installer’s point of view, the flexible modular nature of the ZFP is very attractive as there are no limitations on system size. Furthermore, should a building undergo expansion, modules can be easily added on.”
For more information about C-TEC’s ZFP, contact the company’s sales desk on 01942 322744.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 28/07/2016 - C-TEC Launches New Interactive Website
- 28/04/2016 - C-Tec to exhibit new cast systems at Firex
- 14/01/2016 - New Dementia Care Centre Selects C-TEC Systems
- 26/11/2015 - To The Manor Born!
- 19/11/2015 - Splendid Isolation Created by C-TEC’s Innovation
- 27/10/2015 - Fire Stations opt for C-TEC’s Power Supplies
- 24/08/2015 - C-Tec to exhibit at SSA 2015
- 07/07/2015 - Manchester's hottest new hotel selects C-TEC's revolutionary ZFP Fire Panel
- 04/06/2015 - C-TEC appoints new export business development manager
- 14/05/2015 - C-TEC Launches Free CAD Downloads
- 06/05/2015 - C-TEC to unveil revolutionary new protocol at Firex
- 05/05/2015 - C-TEC on trend at Matalan's new headquarters
- 20/03/2015 - C-TEC's touch screen controlled ZFP fire panel excels at co-educational school in St Helens
- 08/10/2014 - A Top Performance by C-TEC ZFP Killeavy Sports Clubs
- 11/09/2014 - C-TEC TO EXHIBIT AT SECURITY ESSEN 2014
- 06/05/2014 - Seminar Success for C-Tec
- 10/02/2014 - C-Tec Launches new Induction Loop Amplifier
- 10/12/2013 - Full Steam Ahead!
- 23/09/2013 - Going For Gold!
- 16/05/2013 - Top Award for C-Tec Apprentice
- 21/02/2013 - A New Director at C-Tec
- 20/09/2012 - C-Tec to Exhibit at ESSEN 2012
- 28/05/2012 - Caring Times
- 05/04/2012 - Boxing Clever!
- 20/02/2012 - On the Ball!
- 17/01/2012 - Under Pressure!
- 14/11/2011 - C-Tecs New Call Controllers Now Available
- 13/10/2011 - On Call!
- 11/10/2011 - Cool Cuisine! Esteemed grocery chain opts for C-Tec's Life Safety Equipment
- 10/10/2011 - Flying The Flag!
- 13/09/2011 - C-Tec exhibiting at the Care Show London
- 04/08/2011 - C-TEC’S New Trade Price List
- 11/07/2011 - C-Tec appoint new Technical Account Manager
- 05/10/2010 - C-TECS HUSH THOSE FALSE ALARMS SEMINAR AT FIREX NORTH
- 14/09/2010 - Outstanding outstations from C-Tec
- 24/08/2010 - SENSATIONAL STEEL
- 08/06/2010 - HOSPITAL HAVEN
- 08/06/2010 - IN THE LOOP!
- 23/03/2010 - C-TECs' XFP installed at Newcastles' new Namco Gaming Centre.
- 22/03/2010 - IFSEC to host C-Tec 'UK Fire Safety Laws' seminar
- 26/02/2010 - C-Tecs' SigNET heard in Crown Court
- 25/02/2010 - New Stainless Steel Enclosure from C-Tec
- 24/02/2010 - C-tecs' Epic installation of fire alarm control panel
- 11/02/2010 - Signet new LS Voice Alarm scores at new stadium
- 17/12/2009 - C-Tec innovative Quantec Call System installed at new medical facility
- 13/11/2009 - C-Tec are on the pull!
- 28/10/2009 - Further growth in pipeline as C-Tec expands R&D team
- 21/09/2009 - C-Tecs' Quantec call system installed at Blackpools' new primary care centre
- 27/08/2009 - C-Tec complete installation at prestigious nursing home
- 21/08/2009 - C-Tec launch new short-form catalogue
- 21/07/2009 - Hush button a big hit in student hall of residence
- 21/04/2009 - C-Tec procedures now approved by BSI, LPCB and VdS
- 28/01/2009 - Third party VDS approval for C-Tecs' Power Supplies
- 02/12/2008 - Solid State Complete Major Project at Prestigious Food Store
- 08/10/2008 - Pioneering Engineering
- 01/10/2008 - Call for Assistance with your Finger, Fist, Foot or Elbow
- 30/09/2008 - C-Tec Release New Strip-Switch Call Signalling System
- 18/09/2008 - C-Tec's Hush Buttons Installed at Luxury Housing Development
- 29/08/2008 - C-TECs Release Bigger and Better Catologue
- 21/07/2008 - LPCB 'Panel' Approval for C-TEC