Polymer Manfacturer Choose Mettler Toledo
22 August 2008
Press Release: Leading Plastics Manufacturer Chooses Mettler Toledo Weighing And Counting Technologyigus® UK Limited, a leading manufacturer of polymer products, has selected a Mettler Toledo BBK462 counting scale for its 2,800 sq/foot plastics facility in Northamptonshire. The plant holds approximately 4,000 individual components and, due to the bespoke nature of the products, the counting process is very labour intensive. The shop floor is divided by racks of components, which each department can customise according to customer requirements.
The customer required a weighing and counting system which would allow them to store and edit all their components on a single, networked database, and to print complex labels featuring product images. The solution from Mettler Toledo was a BBK462 counting scale with an Ethernet interface, an LP2844 printer, mini keyboard and barcode scanner.
The most versatile and flexible of Mettler Toledo’s 4 Series intelligent weighing systems, the BBK462 can accurately weigh the entire range of component sizes and weights at igus®’s facility, ranging in size from tiny parts weighing only 10 mg to parts weighing over 150 g. The system’s database records and stores information on all the components, each of which can be individually defined and entered or called up via a barcode or the keyboard.
As many of the products are packaged in bags or boxes, the ability to include product pictures on the labels was essential for igus®. The BBK462 has five label templates, all with the capacity to include product images. This not only reduces errors by allowing operators to check that the picture matches the part number, it also helps customers to easily identify parts visually when they are received.
Each BBK462 unit has user-definable function keys and operating sequences that allow the user to set the units of measurement. “Good parts” can be calculated easily using the upstream check function, and a host function allows the operator to maintain an overview by accessing just one central database. All units have an easily readable high resolution, backlit active dot-matrix display and 25 function keys.
Applications for the BBK462 are wide ranging and include the management of incoming/outgoing goods, quality control, post and logistics in any assembly or manufacturing facility where the most accurate weighing and inventory control system is essential.
“The BBK462 scale is the ideal solution for our business,” commented Rob Dumayne, igus®’s Technical Sales Manager. “It is very easy to use and ensures our storage and weighing process works smoothly, despite the fact that we are dealing with thousands of individual components. The ability to include product pictures on the labels is also a real advantage.”
Mettler Toledo's 4 Series has a rugged die-cast aluminium housing and adheres to the most exacting EMC standards, ensuring long service life and fail safety during day-to-day operation. Depending on the model, the systems handle weights from milligrams to tons. Numerous connection options (including serial, network, USB, digital I/O) support the setting up of weighing systems, analogue weighing platforms and even the integration of scales into networks.
Mettler Toledo's Industrial Weighing Division is active in the plastics, food, pharmaceutical, chemistry, transport, logistics and offshore industries. It provides bespoke application solutions, software and service in areas such as raw materials, production, packaging and transport, mainly by direct channels but also via OEM/system integrator/SY partners and distributors.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/04/2012 - Verify your moisture analyser in minutes!
- 04/04/2012 - Discover how to Increase Productivity by Meeting BRC Standards
- 15/07/2010 - Counting Scales and Checkweighers imporve Processes
- 06/07/2010 - Green Weigh to Recycle your Weighbridge
- 06/07/2010 - METTLER TOLEDO Develops Ultra Compact High Precision Weigh Module
- 28/04/2010 - Avoid Wastage with Lean Manufacturing Solutions
- 17/03/2010 - Good Weighing Practice
- 22/02/2010 - Mettlers' X-Ray demo van takes to the road
- 22/02/2010 - New X-Ray Combi version from Mettler
- 18/02/2010 - Mettler help maximise production efficiency and ensure compliance
- 17/02/2010 - Mettlers' one-stop-shop for innovative weighing & measuring solutions
- 29/01/2010 - Mettler help avoid non-compliance while maximising production efficiency
- 27/01/2010 - Mettlers new Scales Terminals offer easy integration
- 27/01/2010 - Mettlers' 2010 Desk Calendar released
- 30/11/2009 - Mettler's at home in hostile environments
- 25/11/2009 - Mettler launch Compact Scales with introductory offer
- 17/09/2009 - Peace of mind is a piece of cake with Mettler Toledo
- 17/09/2009 - Mettler offers webinar to improve profitability
- 16/09/2009 - The evolution of Pallet dimensioning
- 07/08/2009 - Mettler launch 'Industrial Weighing' catalogue
- 07/08/2009 - Mettler launch 'Weighing Components' catalogue
- 07/08/2009 - TLX MultiCapture™ from Mettler, meeting customer specific needs
- 06/08/2009 - New floor scales from Mettler
- 06/08/2009 - New IND560x Terminal from Mettler
- 06/08/2009 - Mettlers' Good Weighing Practise™
- 31/07/2009 - CIWM membership underlines Mettler Toledos' sound waste management credentials
- 24/06/2009 - Error free results with Mettler Toledo Moisture Analyser
- 24/06/2009 - High performance checkweighing for maximum OEE
- 02/04/2009 - Mettler Toledo Webinars bring customer presentations to impressive new levels
- 30/10/2008 - Mettler Toledo Puts Product Inspection Under the Spotlight at PPMA 2008
- 10/09/2008 - MettlerToledo Inspects the Goods
- 22/08/2008 - Polymer Manfacturer Choose Mettler Toledo
- 09/07/2008 - Mettler Toledo Cargoscan's Pallet Measuring System Keeps Large Pallets Moving At DHL's London Gateway
- 08/07/2008 - Mettler Toledo Safeline Takes to the Road with New Cutting Edge X-ray Technology Systems
- 08/07/2008 - Driving forward innovations in checkweighing