William Hughes celebrates 10 years of success in Bulgaria
11 April 2014
William Hughes will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the opening of its factory in Bulgaria with an event being held at its manufacturing facility near Plovdiv.As well as inviting local Plovdiv dignitaries and all of the Bulgarian team, which now totals over 150 people, six lucky employees from William Hughes UK headquarters in Stalbridge, Dorset will be enjoying the day’s special events. The names of the six winners will be drawn from a hat and they will be flown out to Bulgaria to join in the celebrations which will be held in August.
“The success of our Bulgaria operation has exceeded all of our expectations,” said Emma Burgon, Engineering Director, William Hughes. “The 10th anniversary of the opening provides a great opportunity to celebrate this success and recognise the contribution made by our local people. In addition, involving some of our UK staff reinforces the relationships that have developed between our employees at both locations.”
In 2004, when William Hughes first opened the doors of its Bulgarian operations, there were just 13 employees and a 1000 m2 factory. Such has been the response that the factory has expanded four-fold to 4320 m2. But even this spectacular growth is failing to keep up with demand and a further 1000 m2 expansion is planned for 2015.
The success of the Bulgaria operation is built on the easy access it has provided to European customers that would otherwise have been difficult to reach. For example, changing manufacturing patterns across Europe have seen a growing demand from the developing local markets in Romania, Serbia and Turkey as well as traditional markets in the UK, Poland, France and Germany.
Flexibility of supply means that orders can be met either from Bulgaria or William Hughes Dorset factory depending on the type of product, available resources and the location of the customer.
As demand for products has grown, new machinery and processes have been installed in Bulgaria to supplement the UK manufacturing facility. These now include a total of 35 CNC wire bending machines, with two vertical injection moulding machines and two nylon plastic coating lines.
There are also seven robotic welding cells complemented by finishing processes that include an Electrophoretic black paint line and Delta Tone paint coating line. The new moulding machines enable products such as car seat frames, which have traditionally been clipped together, to be over-moulded providing an assembly that is both strong and fast to manufacture.
An example of a recent success for William Hughes Bulgaria is a contract worth ¾ million Euros for the manufacture of seat components for Johnson Controls. The success was made possible because of William Hughes’ proven ability to design, engineer and manufacture to exacting standards and tight time schedules.
As Max Hughes, Managing Director, William Hughes concludes, “Establishing our first overseas production facility in Bulgaria has proven to be a key factor in the continued growth of our business. Bulgaria has not only grown its local operations year on year, it has also made a considerable contribution to our expanding UK operations. As a result we have advanced plans for significantly enlarging our UK manufacturing facility with the opening of a new factory at our base in Stalbridge later this year.”
For further details, contact: William Hughes Ltd, Station Road, Stalbridge, Dorset DT10 2RZ. Tel: (01963) 363377 Fax: (01963) 363640 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 03/12/2020 - William Hughes goes solar with Low Carbon Dorset - saving energy costs and reducing its carbon footprint
- 12/08/2020 - Springing into action saves the day for automotive tier one
- 19/12/2019 - William Hughes boxes clever with spot welded assembly for storage tray
- 19/11/2019 - Test Point Beads Provide a Fast and Flexible Way to Insulate and Support Components on Printed Circuit Boards
- 13/08/2019 - William Hughes can now offer Electrophoretic Painting for the protection for metal parts
- 08/07/2019 - William Hughes introduces metrology services for high precision manufacturing following the acquisition of JK Metrology
- 14/03/2019 - Salt spray testing keeps a check on corrosion-resistance at William Hughes
- 25/10/2018 - Secondary processes and finishes for springs and wire components
- 27/09/2018 - Passivation explained and demonstrated
- 31/05/2018 - William Hughes uses testing to guarantee components meet endurance requirements
- 12/12/2017 - William Hughes vacuum formed trays help protect valuable parts during storage and transportation
- 11/10/2017 - William Hughes expands European operations with the acquisition of Nosag Polska Sp. z o.o. from the DEFTA Group
- 14/09/2017 - William Hughes meets new challenges for high performance spring in critical aerospace application
- 07/08/2017 - William Hughes takes the stress out of spring specification
- 22/03/2017 - Critical components cleaned to the most demanding quality standards, approvals and specifications
- 17/02/2017 - Ultrasonic cleaning comes to Southern Manufacturing & Electronics
- 13/12/2016 - William Hughes shares spring making secrets on youtube
- 12/10/2016 - William Hughes invests £1/4 million in latest welding technology to meet growing demand for automotive seat frames
- 29/06/2016 - William Hughes apprentice programme provides young people with engineering career opportunities
- 06/06/2016 - Latest 3D measurement scanner from William Hughes
- 18/02/2016 - Clean bill of health for William Hughes
- 18/01/2016 - Specialist springs from William Hughes help improve car comfort and safety
- 21/01/2014 - William Hughes is sole supplier of specialist compression springs to Eaton Fluid Power in Havant
- 25/10/2013 - William Hughes adds strength and versatility to its wire components with new overmoulding capability
- 16/09/2013 - Coiled and ready for action
- 08/08/2013 - Wire-form & Spring specialist expands services portfolio
- 28/06/2013 - William Hughes continues to grow its manufacturing facilities in Bulgaria
- 11/02/2013 - Passivation Plant reduces lead time for spring and bent wire forming
- 30/01/2013 - Plasma Welding expertise at William Hughes
- 18/01/2013 - Bent Wire from William Hughes gets you on the move
- 20/12/2012 - William Hughes Spring Technology at the heart of Deltex Blood Flow Monitor
- 07/12/2012 - Speedy wire solution to rear car seat frame challenge
- 02/11/2012 - Improved Spiral Springs from William Hughes
- 05/09/2012 - Need double torsion springs? No problem for William Hughes
- 03/09/2012 - William Hughes achieves NADCAP accreditation
- 16/07/2012 - Hughes expands Compression and Torsion Spring ranges