Heskins Combat Low Surface Energy
26 June 2014
Many businesses struggling with slip prevention on low energy surfaces. Heskins have produced an effective, yet simple solution....Heskins are constantly investing time in to adhesive technology research, to ensure products can perform their designated tasks efficiently.
Successfully applying anti slip tape to low energy surfaces ( LSE ) to a consistently efficient level is one that has proven to be a challenge and it was a challenge Heskins were happy to take on.
A low surface energy on a surface prevents a liquid from ‘wetting out’ sufficiently, thus preventing an efficient bond between adhesive and surface. To understand this, an example could be when washing your car, water runs off as expected once clean, however, wax your car and then notice the change, the water will rest on the surface as it cannot ‘wet out’ and gain purchase.
With self-adhesive being liquid based, they need this process so they can bond with a surface efficiently. The difficulty with making it consistent is due to the fact there are various low energy surfaces, the most common being polypropylene (mostly tiles) and polyethylene (sheets or large tiles), which can prevent the migration of moisture from a surface, which more often than not is concrete.
The LSE is perfect for this purpose, but can cause slip hazards also, and being able to apply anti slip material to this surface is important for that reason. After much research & development, we have developed a keying agent, which can effectively change a surfaces energy levels, allowing for the efficient adhesive bond that is required for long-lasting performance. Only a small amount is required to sufficiently increase the surfaces energy levels.
Contact Heskins today for more information on H3510 keying agent.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/08/2017 - Heskins H3421 Glow in the Dark Anti Slip Tape Available Now
- 21/03/2017 - Heskins Microprismatic Tape Now Available
- 15/03/2017 - Heskins Friction Roller Covering
- 27/09/2016 - Heskins Supply Anti Slip Tape to the Rio 2016 Olympics
- 20/11/2015 - H3452 High Quality Glow in the Dark Anti Slip Tape Available Now
- 20/11/2015 - Heskins Introduce Marine Anti Slip Tape
- 20/11/2015 - Heskins make their way into the German market
- 03/03/2015 - Heskins Increase Colour Range for Non Slip Fabric
- 23/01/2015 - Heskins New PermaStripe & PermaRoute Site is Now Live!
- 07/11/2014 - Prepare To Prevent Slips in Winter
- 16/07/2014 - Reasons Why You Need Non Abrasive Anti Slip Tape
- 11/04/2014 - Heskins Online Makeover for American Operations
- 03/04/2014 - Heskins Produce ESD Floor Marking Material
- 18/09/2013 - New Heskins Ltd Website Launched!
- 04/04/2013 - Anti Slip Tape on Ribbed Wooden Decking
- 28/09/2012 - Coarse resilient Anti Slip Tape now available in White
- 24/05/2012 - Prevent Pool Side Slips with Heskins Aqua Safe Anti Slip Tape
- 15/12/2011 - Slip Prevention in The Winter Months
- 28/11/2011 - Removable Anti Slip Tape
- 19/10/2011 - Anti Slip Tape Manufactured Using the Latest Technology
- 05/10/2011 - Non Slip Fabric in Clothing
- 20/09/2011 - Heskins Sponsors Spanish Sailing Team
- 13/09/2011 - Heskins Anti Slip Solutions: An Introduction