Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
13 October 2008
Timesaving automated testing, with minimal risk of errors, and fast easy generation of even the most complex reports are among the key benefits offered by the latest versions of PowerDB, Megger’s new acceptance and maintenance test data management software
For in-house users, the benefits of the PowerDB means lower costs, while for contractors they provide opportunities for extra turnover and profit.
Compatible with a wide range of Megger power test instruments and also selected products from other suppliers, PowerDB makes it easy to generate reports in a consistent format for tests of many different types. This versatile software is currently offered in three versions: full PowerDB, PowerDB Lite, and the revolutionary PowerDB On Board, which is completely integrated with the instrument.
The full PowerDB package runs under Microsoft Windows on a PC and provides facilities for automating tests, generating reports using more than 200 built-in industry standard report forms, and producing fully customised reports to suit the user’s own specific requirements. Along with the test results, PowerDB also stores detailed information about each location and job in a fully searchable database.
Data stored by PowerDB can be readily analysed to reveal trends – a major aid to effective condition monitoring and effective preventative maintenance. Results can also be synchronised with a master database, and exported in the widely supported XML format.
PowerDB Lite, which is supplied at no extra charge with many Megger instruments, also runs under Windows on a PC. It offers all of the major features of the full PowerDB package, except customised forms and the trending of historical data acquired from external sources.
The integrated version of PowerDB – the patent-pending PowerDB OnBoard package – is completely built into the instrument, and requires no external PC. It shares all of the same facilities as PowerDB Lite, and provides users with the convenience of setting up and performing tests on site via an on-screen test form view.
As with all versions of PowerDB, when the testing is complete, the user can print an exact replica of the on-screen report with the aid of a suitable printer. PowerDB OnBoard also allows users to instantly, upon completion of testing, view historical trend charts to see how the most recent data compares with earlier results.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth