14 October 2008
Pax joins Megger Group to expand transformer test product line
Megger Group has announced that it is to acquire Pax Diagnostics of Sweden. Pax transformer testing and insulation diagnostics products will be a strong addition to the Megger range of test instruments for the power industry.
The Pax IDAX range of Dielectric Frequency Response Analysers are designed for measuring moisture in power transformers as well as testing insulation material in various power system products. The IDAX300 represents the latest generation in the well-known IDA/IDAX range of instruments and represents a breakthrough in terms of weight-performance ratio. With its optimised design the test set is three times smaller and lighter and performs insulation characterisation twice as fast as its predecessor IDA200.
The Pax FRAX range of Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA) products are designed for detecting electromechanical changes inside power transformers. The products have the highest measurement range and accuracy in the industry and fulfil all recent international standards and recommendations for SFRA testing.
“We have seen a growing demand for advanced diagnostic testing technology, and the inclusion of the PAX Diagnostics business enables Megger to provide a complete transformer test solution,” said Greg Wolfe of Megger. “The Pax product line coupled with the expert knowledge of the Pax staff enables customers to move toward predictive test regimes, potentially saving time and money as resources can be directed toward where they are needed most”.
“Megger is a natural choice for Pax,” said Peter Fagerström, CEO for Pax. “Our vision from the start of Pax four years ago was to be a top player in the international power transformer test equipment market. Our products fit perfect with the Megger transformer product portfolio and together we will create the strongest product line in the industry to address end user concerns”.
“The Megger brand will add confidence to the Pax products,” says Matz Ohlen, Marketing & Sales Director at Pax. “We invented the first DFR/FDS field instrument and now it will carry the Megger brand name, and will be supported through Megger sales and applications staff worldwide”.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth