5 Safety Signs every workplace needs
09 October 2014
You may have seen Label Source on Twitter or stumbled across our website on Google and thought that our services were fantastic, but perhaps you didn't require them.
Though we offer a large variety of very career-specific labels and safety signs (our range of Hazardous Substances and Chemicals Signs for example), we also have a vast and even customisable range of general safety signs and labels, which every workplace needs!
Many people are not aware that many of the signs we offer at Label Source are standard safety signs that you will see every, in the workplace, at a local restaurant or even when out shopping. Indeed, having an incorrect safety sign in any building or workplace is actually illegal! Safety signs are not only a requirement, but they show your loyalty to safety and are also informative for your customers, staff, co-workers and of course the general public. Here are our top 5 safety signs that every workplace needs.
1. Health and Safety at Work Act 1975 Sign
Not only is it a practical and legal requirement of any workplace to obey with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, but this sign will practically prompt your colleagues and staff to comply with the act and will assure any visitors that you follow the health and safety act.
2. Now Wash Your Hands Safety Sign
A practical and friendly notice to all colleagues to maintain necessary hygiene standards. It is also a way of avoiding germs from spreading and is in the general best interest of all individuals on the premises of the building.
3. Place All Rubbish in the Bins Provided
This sign is for general cleanliness and to keep your workplace in clean conditions. It also informs visitors, clients or the general public of the hygiene standards your business and workers expect and respect.
4. No Smoking
Smoking indoors is illegal as of 2007, and consequently it is against the law for anyone to smoke in the workplace. This sign is a strict reminder to all staff, customers and the general public that smoking will not be acceptable within your premises.
5. In the Event of Fire Do Not Use Lift
Every company will have their own specific fire safety rules and regulations, but one that is standard for any building is that use of the lift in the event of a fire is strictly prohibited. This sign is important to avoid any possible dangerous situations in the event of a fire.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/01/2020 - Label Source Officially Joins The British Safety Industry Federation
- 09/08/2019 - What Are Dangerous Goods and How to Properly Label Them
- 09/08/2019 - Beneficial and Modern Uses of Asset Tagging and Management
- 09/08/2019 - Breathing Space: What is Local Exhaust Ventilation and Why Is It Important?
- 03/11/2017 - What Is An Entrapment Hazard?
- 03/11/2017 - Workplace Safety Posters: Which Ones Do you need?
- 02/11/2017 - What is 220V and where is it used?
- 02/11/2017 - Sharps Hazard & Sharp Object Signs & Labels
- 19/10/2016 - Signs for COMAH Regulation sites
- 19/10/2016 - Salmonella outbreak caused by cross contamination from kitchen utensils
- 12/10/2016 - Labels for enclosures and cabinets
- 05/10/2016 - Biogas Generation Equipment Marking.
- 05/10/2016 - PAT test stickers
- 27/09/2016 - CE product marking
- 27/09/2016 - QR barcode labels
- 30/03/2016 - Dangers of not displaying electrical warning signs.
- 30/03/2016 - Bespoke plastic nameplates.
- 05/03/2015 - QC labelling for your products
- 05/03/2015 - Inspection labels revised
- 05/03/2015 - Keep the workplace safe from electrical accidents
- 27/02/2015 - Personal protection at work
- 27/02/2015 - Industrial Equipment Safety Marking from Label Source
- 04/12/2014 - Valve tags for marking and identification
- 04/12/2014 - What is underground warning tape?
- 04/12/2014 - Safe use of gas cylinders
- 04/12/2014 - All the information you need to know about WEEE labels
- 04/12/2014 - Are you using CE labels correctly?
- 04/12/2014 - CE Legislation- for your understanding
- 05/11/2014 - Quality Control Labels
- 05/11/2014 - Stainless steel tags
- 05/11/2014 - Blank Metal nameplates for your requirements
- 05/11/2014 - Seriously Super Serial Number Labels
- 05/11/2014 - Inspection Labels- For your visual aid
- 05/11/2014 - Your 3 way step to Write and Seal Labels
- 20/10/2014 - Wide range of warehouse labels
- 20/10/2014 - Top-Quality Racking labels
- 20/10/2014 - Help your company become greener
- 20/10/2014 - Become green with Label Source
- 10/10/2014 - Why Electrical Labels are essential
- 10/10/2014 - Water Safety Signs: Making sure your water experience is safe!
- 10/10/2014 - Thermal Transfer Printing
- 10/10/2014 - Dangers in and around high voltage electricity
- 10/10/2014 - Safe and secure handling of hazardous waste
- 10/10/2014 - Prevent your workers from Needle Stick injuries
- 10/10/2014 - Prevent flu this winter by displaying your hygiene signs
- 10/10/2014 - Plastic tags to your own design
- 10/10/2014 - Laser Labels from Label Source
- 10/10/2014 - Quality Assurance labels for manufacturing use
- 10/10/2014 - Label Source guide to printing labels
- 10/10/2014 - Hazard warning labels fit for purpose
- 10/10/2014 - Focus on Site Security Signs
- 10/10/2014 - Businesses will pay for health and Safety Breaches
- 10/10/2014 - Barrier tapes for a safe environment
- 10/10/2014 - Are you at risk of Hand and Arm Vibration Syndrome?
- 13/01/2014 - Payments outside the UK
- 13/01/2014 - Label Source on the move
- 18/03/2009 - Label Source labelling the Health Service