Free Legionnaire’s Disease Inspections
31 October 2008
The humidifier specialist, JS Humidifiers is offering free Legionnaire’s disease inspections to encourage safe operation in businesses.
Legionnaires Disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia caused by a bacterium known as Legionella pneumophila and can be found naturally in environmental water sources such as reservoirs, rivers and lakes. However, it can also be commonly found in purpose built water systems such as spas, evaporative condensers and cooling towers. The more favourable the conditions, the more likely the bacteria will grow so it is essential to introduce the correct measures.
Although outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease from humidifiers are very rare, there is still a risk where a humidifier may have been poorly installed or maintained, especially on older units which lack the water disinfection features and automated flush cycles found in modern systems.
JS is offering the free inspections as part of its ongoing commitment to helping building owners and managers appreciate the importance of the safe operation and maintenance of their humidifiers, and the need to include them in their buildings’ L8 water risk assessments, as required by the HSE.
The free inspection will include checks on the existing risk assessment and water testing regime, verifying correct operation of the humidifier and any associated hygiene features, and a detailed review of the maintenance and disinfection schedule. A report is provided after the inspection, which could be used by the facilities manager to help them meet the requirements of L8.
Alongside these free inspections, JS also offers disinfection services for humidification systems. It is recommended that all cold water humidifiers are disinfected every six months to ensure hygienic operation. This service is also very useful for cold water humidifiers that have been out of use for any length of time or units that haven’t been maintained as well as they should have been.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/01/2018 - New Condair Ro for better humidity Control
- 04/08/2017 - Condair jetspray humidifies at Fujifilm
- 03/07/2017 - Condair opens new Hamburg factory
- 14/06/2017 - Condair service team expansion
- 22/05/2017 - New Dehumidifier range from Condair
- 24/02/2017 - New close control adiabatic humidifier
- 12/01/2017 - Evaporative cooling app from Condair
- 13/04/2016 - Condair humidifies drupa halls
- 01/02/2016 - New Condair Electrode Steam Humidifier
- 17/12/2015 - Humidity matters at Jersey air traffic control
- 12/08/2015 - Condair Humidifies Polestar Sheffield
- 19/05/2015 - New Condair RS Steam Humidifier
- 06/05/2015 - Wellcome Trust Condair HP Humidifier
- 05/03/2015 - Humidification on Ice
- 12/12/2014 - New online Humidifer Selector
- 06/10/2014 - CONDAIR- the new name for JS Humidifiers
- 18/09/2014 - JS Humidifiers introduce Condair ME Evaporative Humidifier
- 15/05/2014 - Humidifying Facebook
- 25/04/2014 - Rolling Road Humidification at Jaguar Land Rover
- 07/01/2013 - Condair Launch 3D Bim Humidifier Models
- 22/05/2012 - New In-Room Spray Humidifier
- 22/03/2012 - New Condair CP3 From JS Humidifiers
- 16/02/2012 - Js Humidifiers keeps hops tip top at Timothy Taylor Brewery
- 25/10/2011 - JS Humidifiers achieves Bronze Investors in people
- 22/09/2011 - JS Competes in Little Britain
- 13/09/2011 - Condair MK5 from JS Humidifiers
- 12/08/2010 - DARREN BRYANT JOINS JS HUMIDIFIERS
- 16/06/2010 - NEW STEAM-TO-STEAM HUMIDIFIER
- 25/03/2010 - Humidifying bugs at ZSL London Zoo
- 30/12/2009 - JS humidifies leading Data Centre
- 21/10/2009 - Armouries Museum and Firearms Centre keep cool with JS
- 02/07/2009 - Please breath responsibly
- 01/07/2009 - JS humidifies snake rooms
- 23/04/2009 - Accreditation first for JS Humidifiers
- 20/02/2009 - Air handling units steam up with JS Humidifiers
- 13/11/2008 - The Jetspray Humidifier Gets an Upgrade
- 06/11/2008 - The Evaporative Humidifier is Launched
- 03/11/2008 - Installing Humidifers and Making a Profit
- 30/10/2008 - Humidifiers with Tiny Footprints