World first for cherry picker hire company!
12 February 2015
Smart Platform Rental Ltd, UK’s largest provider of light truck mount self-drive rental platforms, has recently announced that it has taken delivery of the world’s first Z23.2JH from the Italian manufacturer CTE. The platform illustrates perfectly the growing move by platform manufacturers to be able to provide robust platforms surpassing 22m (70ft) and yet still be able to be driven on a standard car licence!The purchase cements a long standing relationship in the powered access industry. Andy Burt, Managing Director and founder of Smart comments “We’ve worked with CTE since we started in 2002. Their equipment makes up over 60% of our fleet We like the forward thinking nature of CTE and the continual evolution of their products in both performance and reliability. The new Z23JH slots right into our equipment line-up offering a greater knuckle height and practical fly jib solution on a true sub 3.5 tonne vehicle mounted package.”
The purchase of the new Z23JH represents only a small part of Smart’s overall investment in truck mounted access platforms. “This year we’re purchasing 20 new truck mounts, including 5 x CTE Z23JHs and 5 x CTE Z21JHs for growth with the remainder as part of the company’s stringent replacement programme.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 23/02/2018 - Smart Add Multitel Platforms
- 08/02/2018 - Safe and Efficient Operation
- 08/02/2018 - The New V13T
- 08/02/2018 - Anti-entrapment
- 05/02/2018 - Traffex 2017.
- 18/05/2017 - Self drive truck mount hire?
- 17/01/2017 - Safe and Efficient Operation
- 17/01/2017 - The New V13T
- 17/01/2017 - First Hire? Here’s what to expect
- 19/03/2012 - Smart’s new North West depot
- 11/07/2011 - Smart Platform Rental Ltd achieves ISO 9001 registration from the British Assessment Bureau
- 18/05/2011 - Spring Clean Training
- 07/04/2011 - Spring Clean your Powered Access Training