University challenge can win top marks in £40m makeover
12 February 2015
A TEMPORARY complex is set to provide high-tech facilities for students during work on a new £40 million sports centre.The University of Nottingham is transforming existing facilities into a state-of-the-art venue three times its current size.
And temporary building experts Spaciotempo are providing an interim solution while the building work, expected to last two years, is carried out.
The £2 million project, which involves the erection of more than 3,000 square metres of bespoke structures at the University Park campus, represents the company’s biggest value single contract to date.
But Scott Jameson, managing director of Spaciotempo, is fully confident that the innovative complex will be up and running next month.
He said: “We’re managing the entire project, which involves a lot of ground work and the installation of several sports buildings.
“We’re putting in all the drainage and providing the framework, flooring and electrical equipment including the heating and fixtures and fittings.
“It’s a big task, but we have plenty of experience and expertise and we’re well on track to meet our target of completion by March.”
The temporary buildings will be used to replicate the existing facilities and will feature a 12-court sports hall along with a gym.
Spaciotempo will also provide providing bespoke buildings including three squash courts and two dance studios with sprung floors.
The £40 million custom-built development, expected to open in September 2016, will replace the University Park sports centre, originally built in 1969.
It is being been part-funded by alumnus David Ross and will be named in his honour, but the University has an ongoing appeal to raise an extra £3 million for equipment, coaches and scholarships.
The new centre will feature a 200-station fitness suite, a 60-metre indoor sprint track, adjoining 20-court sports hall and an advanced sports performance clinic. There will also be one of only four all-glass squash courts in the country.
Dan Tilley, director of sport at the University of Nottingham, said: “The temporary buildings represent the first stage in what is a huge project for us and I’m sure they’ll provide a sound interim solution.
“Spaciotempo offered the solution that was closest to our brief and showed a positive, flexible attitude.
“They are also providing an all-encompassing service, which is a massive bonus for us.
“It meant we were able to delegate the entire project to them and will simply take delivery of the keys next month.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/06/2020 - Spaciotempo help drive innovation and efficiency for Farrell Transport
- 08/07/2019 - Textile company’s turnover doubles thanks to temporary warehouse
- 08/07/2019 - Specialist trainer creates simulated warehouse in Spaciotempo structure
- 08/07/2019 - Spaciotempo goes the extra mile to create luxury car dealership
- 08/07/2019 - Spaciotempo provides a robust response to growth
- 08/07/2019 - Move to temporary home goes swimmingly for thousands of fish
- 08/07/2019 - Spaciotempo is to play a crucial part in Keyline’s business plan
- 04/07/2019 - Leading logistics company expands with Spaciotempo structure
- 04/07/2019 - ICM Ltd extends workshop with a Spaciotempo retractable tunnel
- 04/07/2019 - Flexible structure delivers Oakland International supply chain opportunity
- 03/07/2019 - Temporary warehouses provide a port in the storm of Brexit
- 03/07/2019 - New Divisional Director takes the helm at Spaciotempo
- 03/07/2019 - Family-run boatyard turns to Spaciotempo for its third tunnel
- 03/07/2019 - Spaciotempo puts fitness first as membership soars at new gym
- 03/07/2019 - Natalie is set to fly the flag for Women in Construction
- 02/07/2019 - Training provider boosts business continuity with temporary building
- 02/07/2019 - Spaciotempo helps Haskins Garden Centre to grow
- 02/07/2019 - Spaciotempo helps Keyline to lay a firm foundation
- 02/07/2019 - Successful Scania dealership expands with Spaciotempo workshop
- 02/07/2019 - Spaciotempo’s storage solution proves popular with thriving bathroom firm
- 28/06/2019 - Christmas has come early for staff at The Range
- 28/06/2019 - Canopy ensures products are not compromised
- 28/06/2019 - Bespoke canopy shelters employees from the winter weather
- 28/06/2019 - Iconic British brewery uses players’ tunnel to promote its brand
- 28/06/2019 - Dorking Wanderers FC kicks off the season in style thanks to eye-catching tunnel
- 28/06/2019 - Spaciotempo helps Strikes re-launch just in time for summer holidays
- 26/07/2017 - Semi-permanent building provides long-term storage solution for Irish international food group
- 17/08/2016 - Temporary building specialist ‘raises the roof’ with new product launch
- 21/07/2016 - ‘Pompeii of the Fens’ set to change excavation projects forever
- 08/06/2016 - Temporary structures key to “Celtic Phoenix” as industrial property prices surge
- 08/06/2016 - UK manufacturer invests in growing space following export surge
- 08/06/2016 - Temporary building specialist goes green with new standard
- 08/06/2016 - Greenvale ramps up storage to meet Christmas potato rush
- 09/11/2015 - Temporary building helps meet record demand for Scotch whisky
- 29/10/2015 - Spaciotempo solution key in bid for Bronze-Age time capsule
- 19/08/2015 - Innovative buildings help quench Britain’s changing drinking habits
- 19/08/2015 - Temporary sports complex wins top marks
- 19/08/2015 - Spaciotempo has solution for Ferrari experts
- 19/08/2015 - New jobs part of ambitious growth plan for Spaciotempo
- 16/04/2015 - Experts provide import solution at major port
- 08/04/2015 - New guide shows innovative buildings are cost-effective solution for education sector
- 16/03/2015 - New jobs part of ambitious growth plan
- 13/02/2015 - ISO Quality standard shows commitment to customers at Spaciotempo
- 13/02/2015 - Temporary pool complex making waves north of border
- 13/02/2015 - Logistics managers are being urged to consider a temporary solution to meet a growing shortage of quality warehousing space.
- 13/02/2015 - Spaciotempo steps up operations in Ireland
- 02/07/2013 - Temporary car showroom impresses staff and customers at VW Letchworth
- 17/05/2013 - Cooper BMW Sunderland’s temporary showroom shines during major works
- 16/05/2013 - Spaciotempo’s temporary space helps Nissan’s LEAF to roll off the production line
- 16/05/2013 - Money and customer demands are named as the biggest challenges for the materials handling industry
- 10/10/2011 - Spaciotempo provides temporary retail space during renovation
- 10/10/2011 - Landrover opts for Unloading Protection
- 10/10/2011 - Fleetwood Town Players Tunnel
- 01/06/2011 - Spaciotempo meets space needs of Stadco
- 01/06/2011 - Flexible Spaciotempo building earns contract extension at Fujitsu
- 01/06/2011 - Decontamination tunnel for North Staffs Hospital
- 25/01/2010 - Temporary digs solution for Webbs
- 22/01/2010 - Adaptability for Dril-quip wins praise for Spaciotempo
- 22/10/2008 - A “Temporary” Solution To The Economic Crisis
- 03/10/2008 - Case Study Of the 'Spaciotempo'