Could Errol Douglas be the Ultimate Man?
13 November 2008
Hairstylist and photographer Errol Douglas has been announced as a nominee for Cosmopolitan’s Ultimate Man of the Year 2008.
His stunning photographic work is a regular in the fashion world, his hairdressing has won him a number of awards and countless fans, among those are celebs such as Uma Thurman, Kelly Rowland and Emilia Fox. Beyond the A-list however, is actively involved in charity projects such as Centrepoint.
Starting out, Errol, who received an MBE this year for services to hairdressing, would go into the hospital where his mum worked to offer hair treatments to patients, which provided him with a commitment to helping others that continued throughout his life.
Centrepoint helps homeless and excluded young people rebuild their lives and Errol helps to boost the confidence of homeless women by providing hair care services at their annual ‘life makeover’ event.
Among other commitments this year, Errol has taken part in a catwalk show at Wickham Abbey Girls’ School which raised money to increase awareness of anorexia and bulimia. Errol styled the hair of the show’s 25 models and donated a cut and colour to their raffle.
Errol’s other achievements include the catwalk show in North Carolina to raise money for the ‘Pregnant with Cancer charity,’ the Walk for Life and visiting salons around the UK as part of his role as Ambassador for UNESCO’s Hairdressers Against AIDS charity. Errol also supports a number of other charities including Breast Cancer Care and The Lavender Trust by donating profits from his hair salon.
“Hairdressing is a very community-based profession and I’ve always loved to be able to help people when they need it. It’s an honour to be shortlisted for this award and I hope it inspires other people to give back wherever they can,” said Errol. Errol is a also a current nominee for British Hairdresser of the Year and for London Hairdresser of the Year.
Cosmopolitan’s Ultimate Man of the Year 2008 award is presented as part of the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards and will be hosted by Fearne Cotton on 5th November.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 29/05/2014 - Good Salon Guide is Announced as a Sponsor for The News Hair and Beauty Awards
- 15/05/2014 - Good Salon Guide Appoints Gareth Penn as New Managing Director
- 07/04/2014 - Good Salon Guide Launch Their Brand New App
- 03/04/2014 - Good Salon Guide Release 'The Collections'
- 16/01/2014 - Good Salon Guide Release Members' Handbook 2014
- 18/11/2008 - Hair Trend of the Year Goes to...
- 14/11/2008 - Stylists Make the Chop
- 12/11/2008 - Success is Just a Snip Away
- 12/11/2008 - Paris Hiltons not so “Simple Life” disturbs peace in Camden town whist she searches for a “British Best Friend”.
- 05/11/2008 - The Most Wanted Hair