Game, Set & Match for Posiflex Terminals
17 November 2008
One of the most exceptional sporting venues – The Queen’s Club, has selected DED to supply Posiflex touchscreen terminals for one of their most prestigious events, the world famous Stella Artois tennis championships.
The Posiflex touchscreens were used on site in Eastbourne during the 2008 Stella Artois tennis championship for training on the bespoke point of sale software that the Queen’s Club use. IT Manager, Marcel Lupo comments “the terminals were extremely easy to set up across the site during the annual Stella Artois championships.” The terminals are also being used in the shops and restaurants on site at the Queen’s Club in London.
As well as in the usual areas you would expect to find a touchscreen terminal, the Posiflex terminals are being used to their full potential at the Queen’s Club for court bookings, accounts, membership and Point of Sale in various areas across the site. Displaying their versatility, the terminals are also being used in the security department to enable guards to view footage from the numerous CCTV cameras at the Queen’s Club.
On selecting the Posiflex touchscreen terminals, Marcel Lupo comments “the Posiflex terminals are easily manageable for disaster recovery procedures, AV implementations, monitoring and auditing. The operating system platform is excellent as a Posiflex terminal can be used as a desktop PC as well. Our bespoke software runs great on these tills and they are 100% compatible with all policies and software integration.”
Selecting the Posiflex terminals due to historical preference at the Queen’s Club, the new Posiflex KS6615 was chosen because of the added benefit of multiple COM ports and the Intel mobile 1.5 GHz processor with 1Mb cache which gives performance similar to that of a 2.4 or 2.6 GHz Celeron processor. Another appealing feature of the KS6615 is its fan free design, which is ideal for applications in low noise environments. Popular options on the Posiflex KS6615 include Wireless LAN, integrated customer display, magnetic card reader and wall a mounting kit.
The Queen’s Club also chose DED to supply Bluetooth barcode scanners from Metrologic, cash drawers, a Zebra P330i plastic card printer and all associated consumables.
The Queen’s Club boasts 28 outdoor lawn tennis courts, of which 12 are arguably the finest grass courts in the world, 8 indoor lawn tennis courts, 2 real tennis courts, 2 racket courts, 3 squash courts and a gymnasium. The club also offers excellent hospitality facilities, including an elegant restaurant, café, and museum and presidents room – all located within the members clubhouse. This, together with the array of racket sports available, is why the Queen’s Club remains one of the most coveted memberships in the country.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/12/2015 - A New Edge in Barcode Reading – DED Enter Partnership Agreement with Newland-ID
- 14/08/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 07/07/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 01/05/2015 - Going Wild!
- 12/02/2015 - Food For Thought - The Jamie Oliver Group Choose to Support Breast Cancer Research with the Datacard SD260 ID Card Printer
- 11/06/2014 - Mobile Point of Sale (MPOS)
- 24/05/2013 - Ergonomic Solutions and DED Limited Sign Distribution Agreement
- 12/04/2013 - Going for Gold!
- 10/04/2013 - Eye On The Ball
- 11/03/2013 - Just What the Doctor Ordered
- 22/01/2013 - DED at the Retail Business Technology Expo 2013
- 22/01/2013 - Supporting A Worthy Cause
- 09/01/2013 - A Perfect Score!
- 20/09/2012 - Lottery Winner!
- 16/05/2012 - The Ultimate Card Printer
- 12/03/2012 - DED Ltd Announces Distribution Agreement with Evolis
- 21/02/2012 - Touch n’ Go
- 09/11/2011 - That’s Entertainment!
- 10/08/2011 - Kiosk London EXPO 19th – 20th October 2011 DED Limited, Stand Number 6
- 27/07/2011 - Fast Learners!
- 18/05/2011 - Small but Perfectly Formed
- 04/05/2011 - Mobile Printing with Star Portable Printers from DED
- 19/04/2011 - Trip the Light Fantastic!
- 22/02/2011 - Compact and Easy to Integrate – the Axiohm KP Series of Kiosk Printers from DED Limited
- 18/10/2010 - CEX Specify Hardware from DED in all their Retail Outlets
- 14/12/2009 - DED launch Nippon kiosk printer
- 24/11/2009 - New Zebra ZXP Series 8 Re-transfer Card Printer from DED
- 09/11/2009 - Read all about it
- 16/10/2009 - Right on Queue
- 14/10/2009 - A colourful story from DED
- 18/09/2009 - Compact & fan free touch screen terminals from DED
- 24/08/2009 - DEDicated to Printing on thick paper
- 14/08/2009 - The Star Micronics TSP700II Printer from DED enables high speed visitor passes
- 27/07/2009 - DED launch environmentally friendly ID cards and accessories
- 13/07/2009 - Bureau printing from DED
- 01/07/2009 - Cyclone Industries select the Posiflex JIVA 5815 from DED
- 15/06/2009 - DED PAWRS for thought
- 26/05/2009 - Sens' n Print eco-friendly ticket solutions from DED
- 11/05/2009 - The Axiohm KMGA Kiosk Printer from DED
- 07/05/2009 - Quick cards with QuickCard from Zebra
- 27/04/2009 - Intellident Selects Star Micronics TUP900
- 03/04/2009 - Zebra prints fridge magnets for Zoo Animal Adoption Programme
- 25/03/2009 - DED to exhibit Zebra at IFSEC
- 23/03/2009 - New Slimline Kiosk Printer Option from DED
- 02/03/2009 - DED ID Cards secure Hempstead House Hotel
- 12/12/2008 - The NP3511-JP and NP3411-JB Kiosk Printers from DED
- 08/12/2008 - Retainagroup Combat Car Theft with the Help of DED
- 10/11/2008 - Security Options for Zebra, P330i and P430i Printers
- 01/09/2008 - DED launches New PoS Touchscreens
- 29/08/2008 - DED Offer the Complete EPoS Hardware Solution with DEDPoS Retail