ICS Cool Energy provides energy efficient solution for private hospital
11 May 2015
Temperature control specialist, ICS Cool Energy, has recently supplied an energy efficient solution to a leading private hospital based in Buckinghamshire. Here, Richard Metcalfe, UK Sales Director at ICS Cool Energy, explains the project.“The project at the hospital was focused on replacing equipment that was over 20 years old. It comprised of two existing condenserless units in a plant room that were cooling a tank of water and providing chilled water to three air handling units (AHUs). Two of the AHUs were supplying two theatres at the hospital (including associated scrubs, prep and anaesthetic rooms), with the third supporting a common recovery area.
“Our engineers replaced the three AHUs with HTM-03 compliant units, installed a new chiller and associated pipe work, and replaced the BMS (building management system) with an intelligent control panel. Due to the positioning of the units in the existing plant room, we were concerned that the area could be liable to flooding so we extended a secure compound outside of the plant room and replaced an unused diesel tank with the newer units.”
Flat pack service
ICS Cool Energy offers a flat-pack service whereby its units are tested after they have been built, then packed down for transportation to site, where they are then rebuilt to suit the location.
Metcalfe continues, “Just as we rebuilt the flat-packed units on site, we had to dismantle the redundant equipment and remove it in a similar flat-pack process. Our engineers worked over a weekend to dismantle the incumbent units so that there was no disruption to the theatre rooms directly above the plant room. Once the site was ready for installation, we worked in phases to ensure that one of the theatres could remain operational while we were connecting the units. Before the chillers were connected, we ensured all pipework was ready, including all BMS cabling to minimise installation time.
“The new BMS with variable speed drives now control all three AHUs and the chiller. It can intelligently control the equipment so that when the chiller isn’t needed, it can turn the units off automatically to act as an energy saving device.”
ICS Cool Energy provides servicing and maintenance for the private hospital. To find out more about its energy efficient solutions visit www.icscoolenergy.com or call 0800 774 7420.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 03/07/2015 - ICS Cool Energy offers flat pack chiller service
- 03/07/2015 - ICS Cool Energy expands its Scottish operations
- 03/07/2015 - ICS Cool Energy urges Building Management to ensure Air Conditioning complies with the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
- 03/07/2015 - Heating Restored to Social Housing Complex in Central London
- 03/07/2015 - ICS Cool Energy Introduce Low Carbon Footprint Vans to their Growing Fleet
- 11/05/2015 - Efficient Cooling Doubles Production for a Growing Anodiser Company
- 11/05/2015 - Energy Efficient Cooling for Cosmetics
- 11/05/2015 - Next Generation i-Temp in Action for a Leading Processing Company
- 11/05/2015 - Critical temperature control for the RNLI
- 08/05/2015 - Efficient Cooling Doubles Production for a Growing Anodiser Company
- 08/05/2015 - Energy Efficient Cooling for Cosmetics
- 08/05/2015 - Next Generation i-Temp in Action for a Leading Processing Company
- 08/05/2015 - Critical temperature control for the RNLI
- 08/05/2015 - ICS Cool Energy provides energy efficient solution for private hospital